Powell at West : Who you got?

HSFBGuru

4 hours ago, HSFBGuru said:

Your Dragons played well tonight. Didn’t agree with the play call in overtime. Guard pulling to get the handoff. 

Yeah, I thought we were gonna hold on for the win. Gotta give credit to West for making plays when it counted. This is a tough loss for the players and coaching staff, but we don't have time to dwell on it.... Fulton's next Friday.

18 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Scratching my head on this one! How was this so close after seeing Central dismantle Clinton? 

Because West doesn't have a great passing offense and that played right into the hands of the Clinton defense.  Clinton's front 7 do a pretty good job and slowing down the run, but get killed with the pass. 

Clinton had around 100 more yards of total offense than West. West didn't pick up their first 1st down of the game until late 2nd qtr.

I think West will struggle against Powell bc Powell is better on defense than Clinton and definitely better on offense. 

Edited by 92Dragon

15 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Scratching my head on this one! How was this so close after seeing Central dismantle Clinton? 

Hey l am scratching my head on this one. I was watching Packer with the call Thursday on Powell be CC. Game over and Packer has the player of the game for Powell, #1. Packer says his name and l recognize the name. But l don't recognize it from Powell, l recognize it from West last year. How did West let that guy go. He is a player. Hey and only a sophomore. Wonder how it will be going against his old buddies. It will be interesting. Is this on on TV.

Tough game to pick.  

The home field is worth about a touchdown, but West's offense is just not producing very much at this point.  

Powell is a much better team, particularly on offense.  I like the Panthers to get a road win, but it will likely be a close lower scoring game, perhaps along the lines of 20-17ish.  

The Panthers are a talented team, on both sides of the ball. Matt Lowe has really worked his magic. However, they are still pretty young, and they've been very undisciplined at times. Penalties have been a problem for Powell all season, and in a game like this, it could be the difference between a win and a loss.

If we see the Powell team that played against Fulton, the Panthers should get the win. But if they play like they did against Campbell County, they don't have a chance. They took a big step forward last week. Now it's time to see if they can take another one.