Farragut vs DB 2018

Ericdietz

20 hours ago, blazer1set said:

No Farragut fans on the T?

There's a few of us Admirals around.

As for this game, I expect the Admirals to play a little better focused game this week at home.  Most of the year Farragut has been pretty dominant.  They have only had two close wins, Oak Ridge and Science Hill.  The rest have included 4 big blowout wins and one reasonably comfortable win against West.   To explain the two close wins, firstly OR is a good team and that was a rivalry game on the road, secondly, they had a big lead against SH and just lost focus.  The bottom line is if Farragut stays focused and plays like they're capable of playing, they should beat DB by at least 2 or 3 scores in my opinion.

56 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

There's a few of us Admirals around.

As for this game, I expect the Admirals to play a little better focused game this week at home.  Most of the year Farragut has been pretty dominant.  They have only had two close wins, Oak Ridge and Science Hill.  The rest have included 4 big blowout wins and one reasonably comfortable win against West.   To explain the two close wins, firstly OR is a good team and that was a rivalry game on the road, secondly, they had a big lead against SH and just lost focus.  The bottom line is if Farragut stays focused and plays like they're capable of playing, they should beat DB by at least 2 or 3 scores in my opinion.

I don't think Farragut should be allowed to pass in this game. Just to make it fair.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't think Farragut should be allowed to pass in this game. Just to make it fair.

Well, I don't know about that but I will say Farragut better stay focused and not take DB lightly or they could be beaten.  They mentally let down or something in the 2nd half against Science Hill and lost a 20-0 lead and had to squeak by on a late FG 23-21.  Can't let that happen again.

Looking over this conference and it is about as wide open as it gets.Every week will clear it up a little but from my best guess,win four conference games and your in for sure.I could be wrong but the possiblilites of getting in with three are there as well.It will take someone with more time on their hands to run all those scenarios and what has to happen with tiebreakers.Best thing to do is win and control that part of it.This week isn't a must win for DB but it would take a lot of pressure off those next three games.

6 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Looking over this conference and it is about as wide open as it gets.Every week will clear it up a little but from my best guess,win four conference games and your in for sure.I could be wrong but the possiblilites of getting in with three are there as well.It will take someone with more time on their hands to run all those scenarios and what has to happen with tiebreakers.Best thing to do is win and control that part of it.This week isn't a must win for DB but it would take a lot of pressure off those next three games.

Batman, I am going with the Tribe in this one 28-24, but even if DB loses to Farragut, their last 3 games (Hardin Valley, MoWest, JeffCo) are slam dunks.    So that gives us either 6-4 or 5-5 headed into the playoffs.    Not what Kingsport fans would necessarily like but that's pretty good for a first year coach having to play Greeneville, Alcoa and Oak Ridge along the way.

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Batman, I am going with the Tribe in this one 28-24, but even if DB loses to Farragut, their last 3 games (Hardin Valley, MoWest, JeffCo) are slam dunks.    So that gives us either 6-4 or 5-5 headed into the playoffs.    Not what Kingsport fans would necessarily like but that's pretty good for a first year coach having to play Greeneville, Alcoa and Oak Ridge along the way.

"Slam dunks" often lead to upsets... SH showed the Guts last week that assumptions and complacency can cost you a game.  Ask SH about that "slam dunk" at Jeff Co last year. :thumb:

DB has certainly improved through the season, but nothing is a given in this region.  I agree with Batman's formula... keep winning!  Best to treat every week as a playoff game for this region!  #anygivenfridaynight

Go Ads... scalp them Injuns!

15 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I don't agree with you at all.   Farragut, if they stay focused and don't take anything for granted, is by far the best team in Region 1 and should be able to run the table.    Farragut has dominated everyone they have played except for Oak Ridge and Science Hill.   That's not to say that they couldn't suffer an upset.   Any of the 3 teams left on their schedule (D-B, Bearden, and Hardin Valley) could upset them, if they come out flat, or play down to the level of the competition.

3 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

I don't agree with you at all.   Farragut, if they stay focused and don't take anything for granted, is by far the best team in Region 1 and should be able to run the table.    Farragut has dominated everyone they have played except for Oak Ridge and Science Hill.   That's not to say that they couldn't suffer an upset.   Any of the 3 teams left on their schedule (D-B, Bearden, and Hardin Valley) could upset them, if they come out flat, or play down to the level of the competition.

Well,you just agreed with what I was saying.Yes, Farragut should finish first but there is no juggernaut like a Maryville in this conference and anyone of the top several teams can be beat.My point was for making the playoffs and some of the teams have a 50_50 shot at getting in.

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

blazer,

if both Farragut and D-B play up to their potential, then Farragut will still win this game by at least 14 points and probably more.   Farragut is just an overall better team than D-B.   Now, could D-B pull an upset?   Sure, if Farragut is flat or doesn't play well or turns the ball over a bunch.  Otherwise, Farragut wins.

As for the rest of D-B's schedule, based on what we've seen out of D-B so far this year, there is no way any of those games are "slam dunks" for D-B.

Edited by FHS_Admiral

8 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

blazer,

if both Farragut and D-B play up to their potential, then Farragut will still win this game by at least 14 points and probably more.   Farragut is just an overall better team than D-B.   Now, could D-B pull an upset?   Sure, if Farragut is flat or doesn't play well or turns the ball over a bunch.  Otherwise, Farragut wins.

As for the rest of D-B's schedule, based on what we've seen out of D-B so far this year, there is not way any of those games are "slam dunks" for D-B.

You mean like.....     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cx70JH9b3k

1 minute ago, BatmanDevil said:

Well,you just agreed with what I was saying.Yes, Farragut should finish first but there is no juggernaut like a Maryville in this conference and anyone of the top several teams can be beat.My point was for making the playoffs and some of the teams have a 50_50 shot at getting in.

I've watched Farragut all year long, and while they likely would not beat Maryville, I believe they could possibly play Maryville a fairly competitive game.   I don't consider it impossible that under the right circumstances, (i.e. turnovers) Farragut could pull an upset.  Their one common opponent was McMinn County, and Farragut beat McMinn by 40, while Maryville only beat them by 28.

As for Region 1, Farragut is by far the best team in the region.   Hopefully they will play like they are capable and finish out 10-0.  They should.