Farragut vs DB 2018

Ericdietz

10 minutes ago, FHS_Admiral said:

I've watched Farragut all year long, and while they likely would not beat Maryville, I believe they could possibly play Maryville a fairly competitive game.   I don't consider it impossible that under the right circumstances, (i.e. turnovers) Farragut could pull an upset.  Their one common opponent was McMinn County, and Farragut beat McMinn by 40, while Maryville only beat them by 28.

As for Region 1, Farragut is by far the best team in the region.   Hopefully they will play like they are capable and finish out 10-0.  They should.

9-1 is still a fantastic season for the Admirals and they would finish #1 in R1.

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

9-1 is still a fantastic season for the Admirals and they would finish #1 in R1.

9- 1 would be a fantastic season, but it would be a disappointment to lose a regular season game at this point, because it would be because we didn't play our best.   There is nobody left on our schedule that we shouldn't beat and beat solidly.    As for the playoffs, assuming we do not upset Maryville as we likely wouldn't, there would certainly be no shame in that because that's just getting beat by a better team and program.

2 hours ago, FHS_Admiral said:

I've watched Farragut all year long, and while they likely would not beat Maryville, I believe they could possibly play Maryville a fairly competitive game.   I don't consider it impossible that under the right circumstances, (i.e. turnovers) Farragut could pull an upset.  Their one common opponent was McMinn County, and Farragut beat McMinn by 40, while Maryville only beat them by 28.

As for Region 1, Farragut is by far the best team in the region.   Hopefully they will play like they are capable and finish out 10-0.  They should.

You have to go through Maryville in the 6a east and everyone knows that.As for how little or much they beat another opponent ,I always say common opponents are very unpredictable because of so many variables.Now Farragut may have the perfect attack along with a lot of fortunate things like turnovers.That said,DB might not match up with half their opponents but matchup against Maryville  better then Farragut at least with their run game and throw in a lot of fortunate things like turnovers.I also say that I've seen it snow in the middle of summer but  that was in the mountains of Switzerland and not in Blount county Tennessee.

I have to agree with FHS, Farragut is the best team in Region 1. I've seen both Farragut and DB and the Admirals are a much better all-around team. Could DB still beat them? Sure. But DB would have to play an almost flawless game and would need some mistakes by the Admirals as well. If both teams play to their potential I believe Farragut wins by at least 14-21 pts. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Looking over this conference and it is about as wide open as it gets.Every week will clear it up a little but from my best guess,win four conference games and your in for sure.I could be wrong but the possiblilites of getting in with three are there as well.It will take someone with more time on their hands to run all those scenarios and what has to happen with tiebreakers.Best thing to do is win and control that part of it.This week isn't a must win for DB but it would take a lot of pressure off those next three games.

The Hill is 1 play each game from being 6-1. This week is make or break for them.

Toppers start a 3 game winning streak this week along with Hardin Valley starting a 4 game loosing streak that will leave a 3 way tie for 2nd place when the season winds down in 6A Region 1.

Farragut 1st

SHHS, DB & Bearden  2nd

HV 5th

Jeff CO 6th

Mo West 7th

4th place has to go to Maryville. All the other games Region 1 teams can win in the 1st round. Not easy but can win.

16 hours ago, toppernationfan said:

The Hill is 1 play each game from being 6-1. This week is make or break for them.

Toppers start a 3 game winning streak this week along with Hardin Valley starting a 4 game loosing streak that will leave a 3 way tie for 2nd place when the season winds down in 6A Region 1.

Farragut 1st

SHHS, DB & Bearden  2nd

HV 5th

Jeff CO 6th

Mo West 7th

4th place has to go to Maryville. All the other games Region 1 teams can win in the 1st round. Not easy but can win.

That is just one of those scenarios I was saying could happen.HV could end up in the mix and one of the other three out as well for those four spots.

I just heard the DB Coaches Show on AM-640.   Coach Christian explained how DB blew a 24-7 Q3 lead:  

He said that the problem was that DB scored too quickly and got too far ahead, which did not allow the defense enough time to rest.

So there you have it, and no I am NOT making this up.    Had we all been aware of this before the game perhaps the predictions would have been a little different......

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I just heard the DB Coaches Show on AM-640.   Coach Christian explained how DB blew a 24-7 Q3 lead:  

He said that the problem was that DB scored too quickly and got too far ahead, which did not allow the defense enough time to rest.

So there you have it, and no I am NOT making this up.    Had we all been aware of this before the game perhaps the predictions would have been a little different......

I didn't hear the show and don't know if there was more said that would explain that or more coach was going to say and maybe got sidetracked by a question or something.I can understand how a quick score can cause your defense to be back out and get tired quicker but I don't see a problem with having a big lead .Gosh knows I've said plenty that was taken out of context.

7 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I didn't hear the show and don't know if there was more said that would explain that or more coach was going to say and maybe got sidetracked by a question or something.I can understand how a quick score can cause your defense to be back out and get tired quicker but I don't see a problem with having a big lead .Gosh knows I've said plenty that was taken out of context.

Batman, I listened to the whole show.....   It is obviously just audio, so who knows, maybe a pretty girl walked by right at that moment and he just lost his thought and started babbling, or maybe he was trying to answer an important text while talking live on the radio at the same time, or .....     I just remember nearly driving off the road when I heard it, saying to myself "What???   Did he just say what I just heard??"    Oh well that is neither here nor there, it is game day, time to go down to Farragut and hand the Ads their first loss.     DB needs to follow the game plan and beat Farragut, but for goodness sakes don't get too big of a lead and let that cause you to lose the game!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Batman, I listened to the whole show.....   It is obviously just audio, so who knows, maybe a pretty girl walked by right at that moment and he just lost his thought and started babbling, or maybe he was trying to answer an important text while talking live on the radio at the same time, or .....     I just remember nearly driving off the road when I heard it, saying to myself "What???   Did he just say what I just heard??"    Oh well that is neither here nor there, it is game day, time to go down to Farragut and hand the Ads their first loss.     DB needs to follow the game plan and beat Farragut, but for goodness sakes don't get too big of a lead and let that cause you to lose the game!

Nothing would really surprise me with this matchup at Farragut tonight.Not a 35-7 game going either way or a game right down to the end