5A top 10 as of 10/1/18

blazer1set

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/10/01/ap-tennessee-statewide-high-school-football-rankings-oakland-brentwood-academy-cane-ridge/1485994002/

1. Fulton (10) 5-1 159 2
 2. Oak Ridge (2) 6-1 141 3
 3. Henry Co. (3) 6-1 132 1
 4. David Crockett (2) 6-0 130 4
 5. Northeast 2-5 100 5
 6. South Doyle 6-1 86 6
 7. Daniel Boone 5-1 60 8
 8. Page 6-1 42 10
 9. Tennessee 5-2 33 9
 10. Clarksville 6-1 18 NR
 10. Kirby 6-1 18 NR

Well well well.....   We have 3 R1 teams in the top ten.    Does anybody know what this means come playoff time?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/10/01/ap-tennessee-statewide-high-school-football-rankings-oakland-brentwood-academy-cane-ridge/1485994002/

1. Fulton (10) 5-1 159 2
 2. Oak Ridge (2) 6-1 141 3
 3. Henry Co. (3) 6-1 132 1
 4. David Crockett (2) 6-0 130 4
 5. Northeast 2-5 100 5
 6. South Doyle 6-1 86 6
 7. Daniel Boone 5-1 60 8
 8. Page 6-1 42 10
 9. Tennessee 5-2 33 9
 10. Clarksville 6-1 18 NR
 10. Kirby 6-1 18 NR

Well well well.....   We have 3 R1 teams in the top ten.    Does anybody know what this means come playoff time?

Heavy eastern voters slant??  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Heavy eastern voters slant??  

Good guess, but here is the answer.    Come playoff time it means...... (drumroll).....    NOTHING !!     R1 5A teams always seem to look good in the season but then lay an egg in November.    It is just funny that year after year it is the same thing.     Don't get me wrong, I would love to see someone cross the Knox county line and make some noise but history and tradition says it is not going to happen....

36 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Good guess, but here is the answer.    Come playoff time it means...... (drumroll).....    NOTHING !!     R1 5A teams always seem to look good in the season but then lay an egg in November.    It is just funny that year after year it is the same thing.     Don't get me wrong, I would love to see someone cross the Knox county line and make some noise but history and tradition says it is not going to happen....

Only time will tell

19 minutes ago, coopdawg said:

It means someone from NET is going to get spanked by Fulton.

Doubt it, for that to happen means a R1 team would have to win in the first round.    History suggests that is unlikely.    But yeah you are right, if someone from R1 did make it to Fulton it would not be pretty.....

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

Doubt it, for that to happen means a R1 team would have to win in the first round.    History suggests that is unlikely.    But yeah you are right, if someone from R1 did make it to Fulton it would not be pretty.....

This year, I would hope that someone from R1 can win in the first round. Outside of SD and Central, R2 is terrible.

55 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I hope you are right, but that is how it looks every year.   Someone in R1 will be 8-2, 9-1, whatever, they take on a 5-5 R2 team and get beat.

C’mon Balzer! Have you thrown in the towel? You were picking a 26-24 DB mild upset over Alcoa just a couple weeks ago. Now, you have fallen to this? Keep the faith...:cool:

25 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

C’mon Balzer! Have you thrown in the towel? You were picking a 26-24 DB mild upset over Alcoa just a couple weeks ago. Now, you have fallen to this? Keep the faith...:cool:

We are only talking 5A here....    Although the two 6A NET teams tend to choke early in the playoffs as well.     Still wondering how Alcoa squeaked by DB, man they must have an awesome squad this year!