5A top 10 as of 10/1/18

blazer1set

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Crockett and Tn High are much improved teams this year. However I agree with Blazer, I HIGHLY doubt R1 will make much noise come playoff time. There are a couple of teams in R2 and 3 coming on strong right now and I believe that somebody in one of those regions will be your 5a State Champion this year.

Don't count out Henry County!!

Region 2-5A was terrible last year, didn't have any teams ranked at the end of the regular season, and we saw how that played out for Region 1. Rankings won't mean anything come playoff time. For a Region 1 or 2 team to get to "Fulton" they have to win 3 games. I see 1-5A getting 1, maybe 2 wins in the playoffs. And Fulton isn't there yet. Oak Ridge will be a tough task for them, more disciplined. And Powell will break someones heart in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Region 2-5A was terrible last year, didn't have any teams ranked at the end of the regular season, and we saw how that played out for Region 1. Rankings won't mean anything come playoff time. For a Region 1 or 2 team to get to "Fulton" they have to win 3 games. I see 1-5A getting 1, maybe 2 wins in the playoffs. And Fulton isn't there yet. Oak Ridge will be a tough task for them, more disciplined. And Powell will break someones heart in the playoffs.

Bingo!    As good as Crockett is they have only made the playoffs 3 times in the last 20+ years and to my knowledge have never won a playoff game (someone double-check that please).     They should finish 10-0 and Boone should finish 8-2 this year, but guess what will happen in the first round vs R2?     Yep, you got it, basketball starts Nov 3.

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Bingo!    As good as Crockett is they have only made the playoffs 3 times in the last 20+ years and to my knowledge have never won a playoff game (someone double-check that please).     They should finish 10-0 and Boone should finish 8-2 this year, but guess what will happen in the first round vs R2?     Yep, you got it, basketball starts Nov 3.

Crockett has never won a playoff game until this year blazer I’m ride or die on this team but they better not overlook Cherokee this week.

44 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I seriously would not worry, Crockett will beat Cherokee like a rented mule.....

The Pittsburgh Pens Hockey announcer once said. "they beat him like a red headed step child."

My favorite extra excited line came from Oak Ridge's Voice of the Wildcats when he said, "Boom big stick, he made him eat dirt. I also love his call on the 1991 regular season game between OR vs Knox Central when Todd Helton's pitch was int. by a OR DB and returned for a TD. David Clarey called the play by saying, "You did that one too many times, Todd Helton."

I always yell when Oak Ridge Kicks Off, "Hit somebody Oak Ridge!" 

7 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

The Pittsburgh Pens Hockey announcer once said. "they beat him like a red headed step child."

I've wondered about that statement. Is it that the step child is 'red headed'? 

or

Is it that it is a 'stepchild'?

So, a blackheaded stepchild doesn't get beat as intense? or is it that a redheaded direct offspring doesn't get beat as bad?

Which is it? All of the above? Why is it a 'redheaded stepchild' that gets the beating of their life? What's with that?

I don't know ... things that make you go .... hmmmmm ....

Edited by kwc

11 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

My favorite extra excited line came from Oak Ridge's Voice of the Wildcats when he said, "Boom big stick, he made him eat dirt. I also love his call on the 1991 regular season game between OR vs Knox Central when Todd Helton's pitch was int. by a OR DB and returned for a TD. David Clarey called the play by saying, "You did that one too many times, Todd Helton."

I always yell when Oak Ridge Kicks Off, "Hit somebody Oak Ridge!" 

Too funny that you mentioned the Pen's announcer, that is where I first heard "He beat him like a rented mule" about 30 years ago

8 minutes ago, kwc said:

I've wondered about that statement. Is it that the step child is 'red headed'? 

or

Is it that it is a 'stepchild'?

So, a blackheaded stepchild doesn't get beat as intense? or is it that a redheaded direct offspring doesn't get beat as bad?

Which is it? All of the above? Why is it a 'redheaded stepchild' that gets the beating of their life? What's with that?

I don't know ... things that make you go .... hmmmmm ....

Beating a rented mule or red headed step child is both morally and criminally wrong. I apologize for not saying that in my original comment. I have a serious problem with not thinking before I post. If it gets any worse I will leave CoachT.