Harriman at Greenback

orngnblk

2 minutes ago, muskox said:

I'm talking about 2 weeks without a game heading to playoffs....meant no disrespect to oakdale....2 weeks is a long stretch without a game to start the playoffs....tssaa should give unakas spot to someone for the 1st round

I completely agree. They should give it to the 5 seed from region 2. Which I guess would be Harriman. 

14 minutes ago, Vols2016 said:

And it doesn’t stink for the seniors at oakdale. Missing their last 3 games. Or the ones that had their seasons ended due to injuries. 

I was just thinking sbout that on my way home.Yes it stinks for them more than us for sure.The kids safety is whats most important after all.TSSAA needs to let teams with less than 20 players coop with the next closest school and stop this stuff.It doesnt help either side.

Edited by orngnblk

Just now, orngnblk said:

I was just thinking sbout that on my way home.Yes it stinks for them more than us for sure.The kids safety is whats most important after all.TSSAA needs to let teams with less than 20 players coop with the next closest school and stop this stuff.It doesnt help either side.

Tssaa requires 4 years without that sport to be eligible to co op.

6 minutes ago, Vols2016 said:

Tssaa requires 4 years without that sport to be eligible to co op.

I understand but it needs to happen.20 players going both ways kids are going to get hurt.Shouldn't field a team that small because if this,and its pains me to say that because i dont want to lose our small town ball.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

I understand but it needs to happen.20 players going both ways kids are going to get hurt.Shouldn't field a team that small because if this,and its pains me to say that because i dont want to lose our small town ball.

Tssaa should give hardships co op. I’m fearful this could start happening a little more often. With parents scared of concussion and other injuries, video games and other hobbies, specialization in a single sport and lower enrollment numbers. I had heard oakdale is down around 140

1 minute ago, Vols2016 said:

Tssaa should give hardships co op. I’m fearful this could start happening a little more often. With parents scared of concussion and other injuries, video games and other hobbies, specialization in a single sport and lower enrollment numbers. I had heard oakdale is down around 140

Oh it's coming for sure!

39 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Oh it's coming for sure!

I just saw 2 different reports. The first was about CTE and concussion. The report showed that soccer had a significantly higher rate of concussion than American tackle football. The other was on injuries in tackle vs flag football. That one showed no difference in rate or severity between flag and tackle football. I'm afraid the results are obvious, like has risks it would seem. Who woulda thunk it?

3 minutes ago, crow said:

I just saw 2 different reports. The first was about CTE and concussion. The report showed that soccer had a significantly higher rate of concussion than American tackle football. The other was on injuries in tackle vs flag football. That one showed no difference in rate or severity between flag and tackle football. I'm afraid the results are obvious, like has risks it would seem. Who woulda thunk it?

HMMM!!

8 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I have just found a solution to the last regular season game Huntingdon has a bye that week. The two teams they play the weeks before have a combined record of 1 and 14 so they really dont need the bye week. We could meet in Nashville and settle all this talk. 

That sounds like a great plan blackhelmet. Would be nice to get that goin. Roy’s goat may get tired of traveling down I-40 tho :roflolk:

4 hours ago, WarChant said:

That sounds like a great plan blackhelmet. Would be nice to get that goin. Roy’s goat may get tired of traveling down I-40 tho :roflolk:

I like it as well... I'm gonna have to find a local farrier to put some new shoes on Roy's goat before we saddle him up for tha journey