Jackson County at Watertown

TigerFan76

6 hours ago, PurpleReign said:

Fear not. They will try to slow the game down. Not with winning as the goal, but to keep TC from scoring over 50. 

So basically a normal region game, if TC isn't playing Watertown all district games seem like a slow pace run play clock all the way down then run the ball up the middle, seems like to me you would go for broke you have nothing to lose 

On 10/6/2018 at 2:13 PM, PurpleReign said:

Should be a good game for #16 Webster to get his feet back under him. The score will be what ever the coaches want it be. If it’s not a blow out (win by 40 or more) it wouldn’t surprise me. With #16 back I’m sure they’ll be trying ways to use both Webster and Price. At least that’s what I’d be doing. 

Well with 16 back we didn’t look like the same team that we have the last 4 weeks ! 

1 minute ago, diesel28 said:

I'm going to sound like saban win 48...6 but h20 didn't look like a oiled machine on offense tonight maybe it was the bye week off had several flags,droped passes , no wildcat and not enough touches for #25 but a win .

The ball was not in our best players hands tonight for sure. Not enough touches for #25 or #4.  Let’s just be honest, we wouldn’t have won the TC game if #25 had not took over in that game and we won tonight, if it had been a TC type of team there was about 2 or 3 passes tonight that would have been pick 6’s. 

Just now, TigerFan76 said:

The ball was not in our best players hands tonight for sure. Not enough touches for #25 or #4.  Let’s just be honest, we wouldn’t have won the TC game if #25 had not took over in that game and we won tonight, if it had been a TC type of team there was about 2 or 3 passes tonight that would have been pick 6’s. 

I agree with you all, but this was his first game back. This would be the week and game if you are going to try to get him back in the swing of things in the passing game. ( note there were several dropped passes)

We didn’t pass that much at the first of the year so I think they were just trying some things. Let’s give it a couple weeks and see how this offense is moving. I have to believe that next week we will see a lot more of Price and Carey.

5 minutes ago, TigerFan76 said:

I said the same thing. 2 maybe 3 would have have been pick 6’s against more quality opponent. We could have easily been down 21-7 at one point. I’m sure it’s tough, but the best players need to play. An opportunity to get to a state championship is a real possibility. There is no next year for the core of this team. The best players at each position need to be on the field, bottom line. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

I have to admit it looked kind of lifeless. 

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against #16, but he doesn’t give the Tigers the best chance at winning in a big game against a playoff  caliber team and I hate it for the team. Side line passes behind the line of scrimmage is not going to work against a good team. Plan and simple he just not a big play maker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

I said the same thing. 2 maybe 3 would have have been pick 6’s against more quality opponent. We could have easily been down 21-7 at one point. I’m sure it’s tough, but the best players need to play. An opportunity to get to a state championship is a real possibility. There is no next year for the core of this team. The best players at each position need to be on the field, bottom line. 

I agree 100%!

13 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I agree with you all, but this was his first game back. This would be the week and game if you are going to try to get him back in the swing of things in the passing game. ( note there were several dropped passes)

We didn’t pass that much at the first of the year so I think they were just trying some things. Let’s give it a couple weeks and see how this offense is moving. I have to believe that next week we will see a lot more of Price and Carey.

I’d like to agree you. However turnovers in the TC game almost lost that one. #25 to the rescue in that game for sure. In my heart I’d love to see Webster in the pistol, Price split out, and D-Ray in the backfield spreading out our two best players. But my eyes I have seen that Webster has almost always been to slow to pass. At the end of the first half Price ran nearly the entire length of the end zone wide open and he couldn’t get the pass off. And that’s just one example from more than a few, just from tonight. Next week should be the decision game. If things don’t get A LOT better, people will expect a team decision to be made. It wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the team to not have the best players at each position leading this team. Waiting any longer than next week wouldn’t give the team the time to gel again before the playoffs. It has to be about all the players, not just one.