Jackson County at Watertown

TigerFan76

3 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

I’d like to agree you. However turnovers in the TC game almost lost that one. #25 to the rescue in that game for sure. In my heart I’d love to see Webster in the pistol, Price split out, and D-Ray in the backfield spreading out our two best players. But my eyes I have seen that Webster has almost always been to slow to pass. At the end of the first half Price ran nearly the entire length of the end zone wide open and he couldn’t get the pass off. And that’s just one example from more than a few, just from tonight. Next week should be the decision game. If things don’t get A LOT better, people will expect a team decision to be made. It wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the team to not have the best players at each position leading this team. Waiting any longer than next week wouldn’t give the team the time to gel again before the playoffs. It has to be about all the players, not just one. 

Your 100% correct. Nothing should have changed for tonight’s game or the the next 2. When he feels a slight bit of pressure he’s running for the side line trying to get out of bounds, where #25 would put his foot in the ground and turn it into a yardage.   Just go back and look at last years week 2 playoff game against Tyner, flushed out of the pocket twice and threw 2 interceptions, 1 for a pick 6. 

28 minutes ago, PurpleReign said:

I’d like to agree you. However turnovers in the TC game almost lost that one. #25 to the rescue in that game for sure. In my heart I’d love to see Webster in the pistol, Price split out, and D-Ray in the backfield spreading out our two best players. But my eyes I have seen that Webster has almost always been to slow to pass. At the end of the first half Price ran nearly the entire length of the end zone wide open and he couldn’t get the pass off. And that’s just one example from more than a few, just from tonight. Next week should be the decision game. If things don’t get A LOT better, people will expect a team decision to be made. It wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the team to not have the best players at each position leading this team. Waiting any longer than next week wouldn’t give the team the time to gel again before the playoffs. It has to be about all the players, not just one. 

Well said! Price was open on that play for a while.

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

I said the same thing on a thread after Price’s second week at QB. It no doubt is going to be tough for Coach Webster if Bryce underacheives. 

I wouldn’t want to be in his position for sure. Tough, tough decision. But if you’re a head coach and you elevate your son to the starting QB position, you probably understand this situation might come up. Championship teams make tough decisions. Hopefully it’s a decision that won’t need to be made. 

Edited by PurpleReign

55 minutes ago, ReignofPurple said:

Do y’all actually think that Webster will bench his son in his senior year? He may be a coach but he’s a father first. Plus Bill Robinson’s grandson. I hate to say it but I just don’t see it happening. We’re going to have to win or lose with what we had last night. 

I hope he doesn’t have to. But this is a team. It’s not about one player or one coach.  Opportunities like this don’t come around often. 1985 since our last regional championship, 1979 since our last undefeated season. 0 state titles. It might be a long time before another collection of players like this are all in Watertown at the same time. Pride cometh before the fall. Leadership requires thinking with your head, not your heart. Let’s hope it all gels next week. If it does, this will be a non-issue. And I agree with an earlier post that said They think we should play both players at QB. Maybe that’s part of the plan. I think that would make any team not know what they were going to face and have to prepare for both. Last night this team was totally flat. Not as physical as they have been in every other game this season. Missed tackles on defense, missed blocks on offense, dropped passes, near picks, and no energy on the side lines or in the stands. I’m not going to pretend to know the reason for all that, but there is a reason. So there’s work to be done and possible decisions to be made. Last night I saw a pretty uninspired team. I’ve seen that from this team in previous seasons, and it wasn’t a good sign. Hoping for some fire in the belly next week. 

I agree with that and to be honest I was not pumped about last night’s game either. I knew it would be a walkover just like everyone else. I think Webster used it as a glorified scrimmage to get Bryce going. 

I think another factor is fall break. That throws them out of their normal routine. And we all know how much routine plays into everyone’s habits