TCA At Gibson County

PHSRollTide

14 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

We haven’t been beaten by 4 TD’s this season... and we ain’t getting beat by 4 TD’s to TCA.

You all act like Union City is some awful team that Gibson should’ve beat down. I knew the game would be tough, hoping we would win of course. Union City dictated how the game was played, and scored enough TD’s to win it. If we played THAT BAD of a game as you all claim, and only lost to Union City by 8, then I would say we are still in pretty good shape.

Personally, I think Union City is the best team in this region and will prove so in the playoffs. They will be hitting mid season stride in the middle of the playoffs with their healthy players back on the field. 

It wasn’t a bad game scoreboard wise. The physical aspect of the game wasn’t like it was. Idk anything about tca don’t know if they are physical or not. Maybe y’all had the fall break effect, that’s why we don’t schedule on fall break anymore.

13 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

It wasn’t a bad game scoreboard wise. The physical aspect of the game wasn’t like it was. Idk anything about tca don’t know if they are physical or not. Maybe y’all had the fall break effect, that’s why we don’t schedule on fall break anymore.

It was somewhat of a let down, I agree.

If this makes any type of sense, Union City kept us off balance in every aspect of that game. They controlled the time of possession, won on the line, and kept our offense in check for the majority of the game. I feel more comfortable going up against TCA’s spread offense than I do against Union City’s midline veer, and that’s not any disrespect to TCA.

31 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

We haven’t been beaten by 4 TD’s this season... and we ain’t getting beat by 4 TD’s to TCA.

You all act like Union City is some awful team that Gibson should’ve beat down. I knew the game would be tough, hoping we would win of course. Union City dictated how the game was played, and scored enough TD’s to win it. If we played THAT BAD of a game as you all claim, and only lost to Union City by 8, then I would say we are still in pretty good shape.

Personally, I think Union City is the best team in this region and will prove so in the playoffs. They will be hitting mid season stride in the middle of the playoffs with their healthy players back on the field. 

No one ever said union city was awful. I do know this I don’t really think you know much about football.  It was you or one of your buddies that said union city wasnt better than anyone you had played in the Peabody vs GC thread.  The only offense GC has is a trick play. I will say you guys do have a good defense. The half back pass has  played out.  The key to stopping tca is stopping their speedy guy. I can’t ever remember his name.  He does run a 4.3. 

30 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

First off nobody was or is saying UC is an awful team that yall should have beat them. I was pulling for you guys but what I seen on the field was lots of arm tackles from your DBs. Another thing you could see the hard hitting of UC take its toll on GC. This game should make you guys better. That scoreboard dont always tell how the game goes bud. If yall play like you did friday night you will get beat by TCA hands down. Even if you dont play like that I still think TCA takes the win. I have seen both teams and this is my opinion on the game. 

15 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

First off nobody was or is saying UC is an awful team that yall should have beat them. I was pulling for you guys but what I seen on the field was lots of arm tackles from your DBs. Another thing you could see the hard hitting of UC take its toll on GC. This game should make you guys better. That scoreboard dont always tell how the game goes bud. If yall play like you did friday night you will get beat by TCA hands down. Even if you dont play like that I still think TCA takes the win. I have seen both teams and this is my opinion on the game. 

Good post,a couple fumbles with UC driving kept it close "looking" could went into half time a 3 score game,very easily,I have said since we played UC they will be ready come playoffs!!! I know UC football very well and the system they run is difficult,it takes a quick read on the sweeps and tosses!!! The Theabold youngan is running it at about 75% now,it will be 100 % by round 1!!! With a couple of small twists in the game it could been a UC W by 3 scored against GC!!Good luck to everyone,hope to see yall in the playoffs,if The Tide get there!!RTR

Edited by peabodypride
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

It’s like the year us and UC won state they beat us 42-16 and that game was nowhere close to the scoreboard showed. That was the game that elevated us and I think the team knew that they could win after playing a college type team like that team was. 

That was a hard nosed UC team!!! I don't care who says different they could win 1,2 and 3 A that year!!! It was for sure a wake up call for Peabody that year

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

No one ever said union city was awful. I do know this I don’t really think you know much about football.  It was you or one of your buddies that said union city wasnt better than anyone you had played in the Peabody vs GC thread.  The only offense GC has is a trick play. I will say you guys do have a good defense. The half back pass has  played out.  The key to stopping tca is stopping their speedy guy. I can’t ever remember his name.  He does run a 4.3. 

Where are all these GC accounts made after last weeks win? Lol. That’s what I can’t stand about these guys they start winning in something they are talking it up, and when they lose they go and hide in their cabins and wait for girls basketball to start. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Where are all these GC accounts made after last weeks win? Lol. That’s what I can’t stand about these guys they start winning in something they are talking it up, and when they lose they go and hide in their cabins and wait for girls basketball to start. 

GCPioneer is always on doesnt say alot!! Good poster though,I choose not to comment on the rest ,haha!!!! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, peabodypride said:

Man it woulda been awesome!!! I believe that was Moffits and Henry's senior season if I am not off a year!!! That UC team was big fast and literally could dive forward at the ine and get 5 every dang down!!!!! 

It was. I remember talking with Coach Haney before the game on the track and he told me if we played them good we had a shot at the state. 

• Upvote 1