TCA At Gibson County

PHSRollTide

Tide21 made the assumption that I made the statement about Union City not being better than any team we’ve played... you’re wrong as I never stated that. I had not seen Union City play this year prior to the Gibson County game. I can’t acknowledge anything else you put out on here because your post come with assumptions, ignorance, and misconception. It seems to be the norm for you.

UC could’ve beaten us by 3 scores... sure? But they didn’t... Gibson County also had a long touchdown run called back on a holding call, and the QB barely stepped out of bounds on his way to the end zone on another long run. What could’ve been, should’ve been, wasn’t......

I am intrigued that Peabody fans have taken a personal interest in the Gibson County football program over the past few weeks though.

Edited by GCPioneer

2 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

UC could’ve beaten us by 3 scores... sure? But they didn’t... Gibson County also had a long touchdown run called back on a holding call, and the QB barely stepped out of bounds on his way to the end zone on another long run. What could’ve been, should’ve been, wasn’t......

I am intrigued that Peabody fans have taken a personal interest in the Gibson County football program over the past few weeks.

Well sir, it’s good to see them playing at a level not a lot of people have seen them play at. It’s good for tradition and building a program, I wasn’t throwing backlash at the program I was just making a statement that you can’t be fair weathered in a defeat. 

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Well sir, it’s good to see them playing at a level not a lot of people have seen them play at. It’s good for tradition and building a program, I wasn’t throwing backlash at the program I was just making a statement that you can’t be fair weathered in a defeat. 

Your post have been fine to me, but I’m far from fair weathered. I can handle losing with humility just like I can winning.

6 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Tide21 made the assumption that I made the statement about Union City not being better than any team we’ve played... you’re wrong as I never stated that. I had not seen Union City play this year prior to the Gibson County game. I can’t acknowledge anything else you put out on here because your post come with assumptions, ignorance, and misconception. It seems to be the norm for you.

I am intrigued that Peabody fans have taken a personal interest in the Gibson County football program over the past few weeks though.

Not "taken a interest" friend,not being rude but you are relevant going towards the playoffs as well as a huge threat with the way you play defense and your big play ability ! Just like there was more than 50 PHS fans their to watch yall and the Twisty boys slugfest, cause it really matters!!! Good luck on the rest of yalls season!!! 

Just now, peabodypride said:

Not "taken a interest" friend,not being rude but you are relevant going towards the playoffs as well as a huge threat with the way you play defense and your big play ability ! Just like there was more than 50 PHS fans their to watch yall and the Twisty boys slugfest, cause it really matters!!! Good luck on the rest of yalls season!!! 

Same...

If I may, I would like to clear up a couple of things about the UC injuries and who played and when.

We started our season with #5 as our starting QB. At the tailback position was #2 which is also the backup QB. They were clicking on all cylinders. Our fullback, #21,has played in that position all season. The week prior to the Jackson SS game, the tailback, #2, suffered an injury during practice and was out for 2 weeks. In the JSS game our starting QB,#5, was injured and at first it looked like it was a season ending injury. However, he has made a tremendous recovery and is not quite ready yet to be back under center. So, we lose our starting QB and starting tailback, who is also the backup QB in the same week. Enter our 3rd string QB who had hardly taken a snap in practice all season into the JSS game. That was a lot of pressure on that young man. I thought he did well. 

So now we go to New Jersey and we got #2 the backup QB back under center for that game. He then suffered a concussion towards the end of the game and he was back out again. So we have an offense that relies heavily on timing and fluid operation that had not seen the same QB nor tailback two weeks in a row all season until the last two games. Those being TCA and GC. We were fortunate enough to win both of those games. That's pretty much the skill players. We have also had injuries to defensive backs and linemen that has been difficult to find backups for those positions. So continuity in our offense and defense has been a huge problem for us early on. The good news is that we are getting back to where we were at the beginning of the season and we are giving some younger guys some valuable experience. We will be back to full strength soon. I don't know how soon, but soon.

I hope that helps with some of the earlier questions I saw on this thread.

5 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

If I may, I would like to clear up a couple of things about the UC injuries and who played and when.

We started our season with #5 as our starting QB. At the tailback position was #2 which is also the backup QB. They were clicking on all cylinders. Our fullback, #21,has played in that position all season. The week prior to the Jackson SS game, the tailback, #2, suffered an injury during practice and was out for 2 weeks. In the JSS game our starting QB,#5, was injured and at first it looked like it was a season ending injury. However, he has made a tremendous recovery and is not quite ready yet to be back under center. So, we lose our starting QB and starting tailback, who is also the backup QB in the same week. Enter our 3rd string QB who had hardly taken a snap in practice all season into the JSS game. That was a lot of pressure on that young man. I thought he did well. 

So now we go to New Jersey and we got #2 the backup QB back under center for that game. He then suffered a concussion towards the end of the game and he was back out again. So we have an offense that relies heavily on timing and fluid operation that had not seen the same QB nor tailback two weeks in a row all season until the last two games. Those being TCA and GC. We were fortunate enough to win both of those games. That's pretty much the skill players. We have also had injuries to defensive backs and linemen that has been difficult to find backups for those positions. So continuity in our offense and defense has been a huge problem for us early on. The good news is that we are getting back to where we were at the beginning of the season and we are giving some younger guys some valuable experience. We will be back to full strength soon. I don't know how soon, but soon.

I hope that helps with some of the earlier questions I saw on this thread.

Gotcha,I was told yall had linemen out when we played,I know Sam played a ballers game Friday my friend!!!

7 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

They did. They had several line man out and the RB and the QB is still out, so they will be a scary team. 

UC did have a few players out but I heard from UC people that these guys were not that significant.  We lost to UC last year both time with injured players. It is the next man up right.  We made GC look better than what they really are.