HVA at DB 2018

RebelAtHeart

1 hour ago, IndiansForLife said:

Does anyone think Christian will resign at the end of the season?

I don't see it, but what would it matter? From what I've seen from the feeder schools, it looks pretty bleak any way you cut it. I couldn't believe that after the "national" search that they hired Christian. From what I understand, Christian is a fine man and good OL coach, but appears at this point to be in over his head. A friend of mine was ecstatic when he was hired, saying they got the right guy. Of course, if D-B had hired some random homeless man with mental issues that they found on the banks of Reedy Creek, he would have said it was a great hire because they were thinking outside the box. 

2 hours ago, IndiansForLife said:

Yep, it is time to clean house. The DC should have been gone 3 yrs ago.

Their not going to clean house. They'll come back with the same staff next year. It's a tight nit bunch and the school board doesn't care about winning football games.  The football program is done at DB. In the next three or four years you'll wish you could win two games. Amazing how they have destroyed the program. 

First,I feel bad for the young men and know there are some that have worked very hard .I hate it for the former players and fans who love DB football.I hate it for those good coaches and good men who are on this staff.Those I don't hate it for are the ones who have put the program in this position by not doing the right things over the years when they could have.

At least Christian finally admitted they have a problem with defense in the Times News article this morning. That's the first time I've heard anyone on the DB staff acknowledge that. Ever!  But I think he's just going into that "buying time mode" Everybody siting around me last night within earshot is fed up. And on the way out of the stadium it was even worse. Those "people" on the coaching search committee are to blame for this. They flat out lied to the community about the "national search". They had their man from the get go. You can't blame Christian for taking the job. Of course he wasn't going to turn it down. He's a very good line coach and we'll never know if he's head coach material because he's surrounded by a bunch of middle school caliper (if that) asst. coaches. Every time they replace a coach on staff they somehow manage to get someone even worse. I've never seen anything like it. 

Real DB fans have been complaining about the feeder schools and little leagues for at least 15 years and right now their at their worst. Even if you completely cleaned house from the little leagues to the high school level and brought in competent coaches it would take 6 years before you could see results. That's how bad it is.