3A State Championship contenders

Charger Girl

16 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Alcoa is the best team but I must say the Maryville Alcoa game is a rivalry game and they know each other like the back of there hands and sometimes its tricky.

Nope. Game was won at LOS.

12 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

very true statement those type of games can literally go either way

Nope. Maryville is the defending 6A state champion, had a 76 game home win streak, hasn't lost a region game in 18 years, has 12 state championships since 2000 and is 143-4 in the regular season since 2004.

Can't take the win from those kids by saying "Its just a rivalry game, those can go either way" . Disrespectful to both programs and their kids.

Since 2000, name a season when Alcoa gets a win over Maryville and doesn't go undefeated....I'll wait.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 32hammer said:

Nope. Game was won at LOS.

Nope. Maryville is the defending 6A state champion, had a 76 game home win streak, hasn't lost a region game in 18 years, has 12 state championships since 2000 and is 143-4 in the regular season since 2004.

Can't take the win from those kids by saying "Its just a rivalry game, those can go either way" . Disrespectful to both programs and their kids.

Since 2000, name a season when Alcoa gets a win over Maryville and doesn't go undefeated....I'll wait.

Whoa nelly! I wasn't trying to disrespect either team or their kids, all I was stating was rivalry games can go either way, most rivalry games are close, hard fought battles, and this year Alcoa made the plays to win that game, congrats to them on winning what most would call the granddaddy of them all lol had to get another Keith Jackson line in. And I said noone will beat them. 

2 hours ago, SCPRIDE30 said:

They got beat by red bank bad last year with pretty much the same team, Sequatchie was the only team that came close to beating red bank and we didn’t have no where near the athletes red bank had. 

I think that Upperman has a chance against Red Bank. The coach at Upperman was the coach at Sequatchie last year. Great game plan against Red Bank that was well executed by the Indians. Maybe he can work that again this year at Upperman.

Would the game be at Upperman or Red Bank?

Neither Red Bank nor Upperman will match up with Alcoa. The Naders will breeze through the first three rounds with starters not playing much after 1/2 time...Be rested and prepared for semis and the final whoever they play.

3 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Whoa nelly! I wasn't trying to disrespect either team or their kids, all I was stating was rivalry games can go either way, most rivalry games are close, hard fought battles, and this year Alcoa made the plays to win that game, congrats to them on winning what most would call the granddaddy of them all lol had to get another Keith Jackson line in. And I said noone will beat them. 

lol. Gotcha. Big win for the kids, I might have jumped to defend it a little quick my bad.

3 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

lol. Gotcha. Big win for the kids, I might have jumped to defend it a little quick my bad.

You are a real fan that loves the team, I'm the same way, the only team that maybe could give you fits would be Pearl Cohn just because of their athletes, but Rankin will find a way he always does lol.

7 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

You are a real fan that loves the team, I'm the same way, the only team that maybe could give you fits would be Pearl Cohn just because of their athletes, but Rankin will find a way he always does lol.

Thanks. I think for me its more about the kids. I 've had some folks try to down play the Tornadoes season this year. Seeing 1st hand how hard they work year round, then put in extra work on top of that and knowing what a special year this could be, I may defend the kids a little quicker than I would normally in a similar situation.

I agree PC has some great athletes. Time will tell. Best of luck to you and your team. I'm guessing Fairview?

19 minutes ago, Charger64 said:

I think that Upperman has a chance against Red Bank. The coach at Upperman was the coach at Sequatchie last year. Great game plan against Red Bank that was well executed by the Indians. Maybe he can work that again this year at Upperman.

Would the game be at Upperman or Red Bank?

Neither Red Bank nor Upperman will match up with Alcoa. The Naders will breeze through the first three rounds with starters not playing much after 1/2 time...Be rested and prepared for semis and the final whoever they play.

Only thing that hurt Sequatchie last year againt red bank, was the coaching on defense. Caine wouldn’t make adjustments at all, they kept throwing the same screen pass all night and he wouldn’t change it up. As speed wise as everyone was talking about with red bank I didn’t see it. 

1 hour ago, SCPRIDE30 said:

Only thing that hurt Sequatchie last year againt red bank, was the coaching on defense. Caine wouldn’t make adjustments at all, they kept throwing the same screen pass all night and he wouldn’t change it up. As speed wise as everyone was talking about with red bank I didn’t see it. 

I was at that game and they definitely have speed so don't down play that. They have even more speed this year with more athletes than last year. That #5 kids has a lot of help this year.