6A Pre Playoff predictions

dannyq

I have always laughed when I hear people say Alcoa is just a 3A school. Alcoa is not your typical 3A school. They dress nearly 90 players. They have a ton of athletes. They have a legendary coach coaching there with a good staff around him. Here is how dominant Alcoa has been since 2004. 11 state titles since then. 1 runner up in 2014 losing 7 0 to CPA. 2 other years 2011 2012 Alcoa lost to eventual champ CAK by 1 and 2 points. CAK blew Milan out both years. 14 points have kept Alcoa from winning 14 straight state titles. As a Maryville fan I dont like seeing Maryville lose to Alcoa. I also give credit where credit is due. Alcoa has a great program. 

All these folks who think their team would drill this little bitty 3A school need for their team to schedule them. They are always looking for games.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2018 at 9:45 PM, JSamson7 said:

After putting 42-0 on them Owls tonight, as much as it pains me to say it Alcoa may indeed be the "Best in the State" regardless if they're 3A or not. Maryville knows more than anyone that Alcoa isn't your typical 3A school. We very well could still walk away with a 6A title but losing to them tin cans will never be acceptable.

To say Maryville doesn't have athletes is crazy talk. If not for the athletes we "don't" have our supposed "big" kids wouldn't be winning so much. This may be one of our smaller lines we've had yet they still keep winning. Athlete wise, I could put a bunch of our WR's and RB's on a track team and guarantee they'd smoke most teams in the state this year.

No one ever said Maryville did not have athletes. I spoke of teams who are more athletic.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:59 PM, leadfarmer said:

You were saying?

Was the game streamed? I was on the coast of Alabama watching some pretty good hs football. All I saw was the score. I need to see the game. I didn't expect for them to lose just struggle. The score says they didn't struggle. So if the score is an indication of the game I was wrong. They are coming along finishing strong.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:33 PM, Laneman36 said:

No one claimed that West TN more dominate that anyone else. Go back and read the whole tread (or have it read to you) before you try to come at me. East TN is who has the superiority complex. I was speaking on Alcoa running through the best 6A teams in the state.

I found someone to read the post to me. Alcoa would run through most 6A teams in the state. 2 local 6A teams within a few miles of Alcoa,  took us  off the schedule last year. one of the biggest 6A schools in the state is dropping us after this year.

Like I said, the 15th game snitches on who's game is weak.

Don't be surprised if Maryville wins 6A this year, Greeneville wins 4A, Alcoa wins 3A and Greenback wins 1A.  and very few teams outside of Oakland or BA would want a piece of any of them.

• Upvote 1

MUS,Lausanne,CBHS,Whitehaven, G-Town, could play with all those teams you just named

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I found someone to read the post to me. Alcoa would run through most 6A teams in the state. 2 local 6A teams within a few miles of Alcoa,  took us  off the schedule last year. one of the biggest 6A schools in the state is dropping us after this year.

Don't be surprised if Maryville wins 6A this year, Greeneville wins 4A, Alcoa wins 3A and Greenback wins 1A.  and very few teams outside of Oakland or BA would want a piece of any of them.

19 hours ago, Laneman36 said:

Was the game streamed? I was on the coast of Alabama watching some pretty good hs football. All I saw was the score. I need to see the game. I didn't expect for them to lose just struggle. The score says they didn't struggle. So if the score is an indication of the game I was wrong. They are coming along finishing strong.

YES MARIVUL TOOK DEM OWLS TO THE WOODSHED! THEY MADE SURE THAT THEY WERE NOT GOING TO LET QUINN GAIN 98 YDS BEFORE HALFTIME LIKE HE DID LAST SEASON. I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT MY OWLS WOULD'VE WON THAT GAME BECAUSE WE HAD THE GUYS IN THE TRENCHES TO LET QUINN LOOSE. WE GRADUATED 17 OF THOSE STUDS AND HALF GOT HURT ALONG WITH QUINN BEFORE THE SEASON ENDED. SO TO BE IN THE POSITION WE ARE IN WITH ALL THAT WE LOST I SAID FROM DAY ONE THAT WE COULD GET SECOND PLACE ONCE WE BEAT BRADLEY..WE HAD NOT TURNED THE BALL OVER ALL SEASON UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT. OUR REGION IS NOT VERY COMPETITIVE THIS SEASON HECK WE WERE CLOSER RECORD WISE LAST SEASON. MARIVUL IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE REGION AND THEY PLAYED MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL AGAINST THE OWLS. I PICK THEM TO WIN IT ALL IF THEY CAN KEEP THE TURNOVERS DOWN WHICH IS UNCHARACTERISTIC  OF THEM AND LIKE I MENTION TO THEM ALL THE TIME THAT THINGS CHANGE..YOU JUST HAVE TO WORK HARDER.

AS FOR ME AND MY OWLS WE ARE ON PACE FOR SECOND PLACE IF WE DONT LAY AN EGG TO DEM SANDBAGGING BLUERAIDERZ AND HERITAGE!:thumb: CARRY ON..

#LOP 

#GO OWLS 

#2ND PLACE 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Let me quote for you Coach Rakin himself:

While Rankin's Alcoa teams have played well against Maryville, including a 34-28 win this season, he said his team isn't built to play a lot of 6A programs consistently.

"We’re good doing it once a year," Rankin said. "We couldn't do it week in and week out. We couldn't play in Murfreesboro regions week in and week out, no matter how good we are. We don't have the depth of 6A schools. We have to consider that when we talk about playing these schools."

I rest my case your honor.

7 minutes ago, Laneman36 said:

Let me quote for you Coach Rakin himself:

While Rankin's Alcoa teams have played well against Maryville, including a 34-28 win this season, he said his team isn't built to play a lot of 6A programs consistently.

"We’re good doing it once a year," Rankin said. "We couldn't do it week in and week out. We couldn't play in Murfreesboro regions week in and week out, no matter how good we are. We don't have the depth of 6A schools. We have to consider that when we talk about playing these schools."

I rest my case your honor.

Just coach speak to make other teams feel good and keep his players motivated. Which team is it you support ?

I know for a fact several 6A teams and 5A "powerhouses" turned down games with Alcoa. 

Anything can happen and anyone can lose,  but if you think Alcoa this yr or next couldnt compete with any team in Tn in any classifications,  youre either delisional or dont know football. Remember the defending 6A state champs that mercy ruled their competition in the title game last yr and then beat the #1 team in 6A earlier this yr, they think Alcoa could compete.

Your teams resume is ....

2 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Just coach speak to make other teams feel good and keep his players motivated. Which team is it you support ?

I know for a fact several 6A teams and 5A "powerhouses" turned down games with Alcoa. 

Anything can happen and anyone can lose,  but if you think Alcoa this yr or next couldnt compete with any team in Tn in any classifications,  youre either delisional or dont know football. Remember the defending 6A state champs that mercy ruled their competition in the title game last yr and then beat the #1 team in 6A earlier this yr, they think Alcoa could compete.

Your teams resume is ....

Rakin spoke for me!