Greenback at Midway

orngnblk

5 hours ago, AllAboutTheW said:

I was about to say they did that without one of the Top players in 1a lol 

I've seen GB in game mode the last 2 years and with him I don't think it would be within 2 touchdowns. They have the best backs and wrs in single a. The team y'all scrimmaged wasn't their full team.

11 minutes ago, powerp said:

I've seen GB in game mode the last 2 years and with him I don't think it would be within 2 touchdowns. They have the best backs and wrs in single a. The team y'all scrimmaged wasn't their full team.

You are correct we are hitting on all cylinders right now.First quarter last night the kids looked great and it got better from there,Harriman QB did not want the ball!D-line was on him everytime.I know Harriman is down but our boys are playing hungry again.Teams are just trying to play keep away right now and thats a good plan.Our line play gets better every game as we get our younger players more time for depth.Team speed is the best i have ever seen.Have to stay healthy and cut out the stupid penalties!!!but i also know that semi game away wherever it will be will be no given!

29 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You are correct we are hitting on all cylinders right now.First quarter last night the kids looked great and it got better from there,Harriman QB did not want the ball!D-line was on him everytime.I know Harriman is down but our boys are playing hungry again.Teams are just trying to play keep away right now and thats a good plan.Our line play gets better every game as we get our younger players more time for depth.Team speed is the best i have ever seen.Have to stay healthy and cut out the stupid penalties!!!but i also know that semi game away wherever it will be will be no given!

You hit the nail on the head right there....that speed (including OL and DL speed) along with the balance on offense between running and throwing is what puts GB head and shoulders above the other 1A contenders, IMO.  Being able to make an opponent cover the whole field is an advantage at any level but especially in 1A because of the normal lack of depth compared to 6A schools, it takes a lot of effort to chase receivers all over the field and for the DL to have to rush and chase someone like Hanley.  For that reason, I believe the semi game this year will be well played and competitive for a half and then GB pulls away in the second half because the other team is wore out.  The same thing has happened the past two years in the semi vs SP.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I don't think anybody is going to have anything for the Cherokees this year in the east or west. Go luck! 

On 10/13/2018 at 2:31 AM, WingoVFL said:

I was about to say they did that without one of the Top players in 1a lol 

Buddy has boy playing (Trace) he said whitwell didn't look very impressive in scrimmage lost 2 pickum coz of that commit. But GB is gonna once again prove the east has the best feeder schools :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I had to go back and make sure we have a game Fri.Not real interesting for some.

Midway will have a hard time keeping it close. A year of blowouts make the T boring lol. If we had next years schedule this year it would make the T a lot better. It will get lively here in a few weeks when we play os or cland. GO VOLS I mean Greenback.