Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

You have to remember that there are 2 Tri-cities teams (besides the Hill) on the 2019 schedule.  That has not been the case since 2014, so this year's schedule is easier than last year and will help pad some wins.  5-5 is realistic.

2 wins is realistic. Three years from now we'll have a parade if we win 2 games. 

Do you DB fans honestly see no hope of ever getting the football program revived again someday, even if they were to luck out and get a top notch coach and staff in there? They definitely have the resources and game time atmosphere down. Surely they won’t be down forever? I find it hard to believe that community would let that happen, but of course I’m an outsider and definitely not in the know.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

DB is finished as a "Football School". Two wins this year max. Really bad coaching in the middle schools has resulted in the kids loosing interest. I think Sevier and Robinson won one game each last year. I can't remember that ever happening. The coaching staff at DB isn't much better. Players are transferring. Got word yesterday that two "would be" starting linebackers are transferring to South. Three years from now DB won't even be able to beat Volunteer. Clark and "The Good Ole Boys" built this. Never forget that.

Sevier and Robinson had one win between them, and that was Sevier beating Robinson. My grandson played for Robinson, and they really struggled the last two years and Sevier wasn't much better. He's going to be on the freshman team at D-B this year and it will be interesting to see how that turns out. 

As for the varsity, any improvement in the W/L record this year will be more dependent on other teams taking a couple of steps backwards than D-B taking steps forward. The offense was far and away the "bright spot" last year and they lost the bulk of that production. 

21 hours ago, Swipes said:

So what you are telling me is DB will be a better football team than they were last year when they went 4-6?  They lost the Bulk of their offense to Graduation or Transfers and the D hasn't been relevant in years it seems like.  You are way more optimistic than most football fans that have seen them over the last few years and know what they have returning 

Some people are "glass half empty" people.....

Some people are "glass half full" people......

And....a few people will see the glass lying shattered in the floor and tell you that you can take some paper towels and clean it up, wring the paper towels into another glass, and drink it. Any dirt/grit/shards of glass will simply enhance the texture and flavor......

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

Some people are "glass half empty" people.....

Some people are "glass half full" people......

And....a few people will see the glass lying shattered in the floor and tell you that you can take some paper towels and clean it up, wring the paper towels into another glass, and drink it. Any dirt/grit/shards of glass will simply enhance the texture and flavor......

Nicely stated.   So a 5-5 season would be both "glass half full" and "glass half empty".   Sort of reminds you of Schrodinger's cat..........

16 hours ago, JDHoss said:

`It's going to be really lean, and I don't see anything changing until an overhaul in the entire system takes place. 

They have been smart in "having each others backs" . They are all "buddies" in the entire system from top to bottom. It's truly a "Good ole Boys" club and nobody gets in unless they say so. Sounds a bit extreme I know but that's pretty much how it is. This will not be fixed until they all die off. By then liberals will have banned football. So no point in worrying about it. Just pick another team to pull for during football season. We still have Basketball and Baseball that's pretty good.

8 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

They have been smart in "having each others backs" . They are all "buddies" in the entire system from top to bottom. It's truly a "Good ole Boys" club and nobody gets in unless they say so. Sounds a bit extreme I know but that's pretty much how it is. This will not be fixed until they all die off. By then liberals will have banned football. So no point in worrying about it. Just pick another team to pull for during football season. We still have Basketball and Baseball that's pretty good.

I really didn't understand how bad things were until our grandson started playing, and then came the "coaching search" that went on when Clark retired.