Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

50 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Sorry to be so direct, but you don't know anything the situation at DB.

No, I actually do. I didn't go to school anywhere in East TN, but I have lived and worked in Kingsport for over 30 years, and I have a cousin who was the QB at D-B in the late 60's early 70's, as well as having multiple friends and coworkers who have played and/or have kids who have played at D-B. You're spot on with most of your comments in that the program needs an overhaul from the youth leagues on up.

It's debatable that D-B should somehow be competing for gold balls every year, but it's for certain they shouldn't be struggling to get to  4-6. I've enjoyed needling some of my friends over the years, but it was much more fun when D-B would go 9-1 or 10-0. I actually do feel bad for them now, and my grandson plays for Robinson and moves to D-B next year. I'd really like to see them turn things in the right direction, but it's in pretty sad shape right now. 

8 hours ago, jhilts said:

That was a reasonable post.

They know as much or more than you!

Thanks

Elizabethton works year around,   7-11 am  in the summer,  cant be mandatory ok but if your not there you dont play.  Im talking running and lifting with people who know what they are doing.    Greenville same way.  When austin east came to scrimmage their coach said g was lifting weights and after the game g ran 100 yards sprints.  Thats how you win state gold balls.  Cant be just a few either.  I know db has players they have put more in the nfl then anybody.  Any coach would love that job,  If the kids are working then the winning should come

5 minutes ago, Horn3 said:

Thanks

Elizabethton works year around,   7-11 am  in the summer,  cant be mandatory ok but if your not there you dont play.  Im talking running and lifting with people who know what they are doing.    Greenville same way.  When austin east came to scrimmage their coach said g was lifting weights and after the game g ran 100 yards sprints.  Thats how you win state gold balls.  Cant be just a few either.  I know db has players they have put more in the nfl then anybody.  Any coach would love that job,  If the kids are working then the winning should come

How many players can run 4.5  forties

Bench over  300,  squat 500,  clean 300. Or run track.  Ballard can clean 315.   It takes a while to get to that level.  Good luck but everone needs to look at their selves before blaming others first.  DB should be Winning Gold Balls!!!!!

1 hour ago, Horn3 said:

Thanks

You're late to the party. We've been talking about this for at least 5 years here on the T.

10 hours ago, JDHoss said:

No, I actually do. I didn't go to school anywhere in East TN, but I have lived and worked in Kingsport for over 30 years, and I have a cousin who was the QB at D-B in the late 60's early 70's, as well as having multiple friends and coworkers who have played and/or have kids who have played at D-B. You're spot on with most of your comments in that the program needs an overhaul from the youth leagues on up.

It's debatable that D-B should somehow be competing for gold balls every year, but it's for certain they shouldn't be struggling to get to  4-6. I've enjoyed needling some of my friends over the years, but it was much more fun when D-B would go 9-1 or 10-0. I actually do feel bad for them now, and my grandson plays for Robinson and moves to D-B next year. I'd really like to see them turn things in the right direction, but it's in pretty sad shape right now. 

Ouch! I stand to be corrected. You are right about what you say. You probably also know about the politics that run the program. Which is the cause of everything that has gone wrong.

Guys, lets not forget that DB has played the most brutal schedule imaginable.    Very few teams in this state could come out of this schedule unscathed.    Add to that a brand new head coach.....   Given all those challenges I would say DB has done pretty well considering...   I know it has been a disappointing season but we have to keep it all in context....  Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Greeneville, Farragut.....  This is not like the old days of romping Sullivan Central, Volunteer, etc.

2 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Guys, lets not forget that DB has played the most brutal schedule imaginable.    Very few teams in this state could come out of this schedule unscathed.    Add to that a brand new head coach.....   Given all those challenges I would say DB has done pretty well considering...   I know it has been a disappointing season but we have to keep it all in context....  Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Greeneville, Farragut.....  This is not like the old days of romping Sullivan Central, Volunteer, etc.

Blazer, can Boone beat Gibbs?

10 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

Blazer, can Boone beat Gibbs?

Unfortunately no.    I do not like sounding like a Negative Nellie, but it's just that every time we go into the playoffs all pumped up we get whacked by a Knoxville team.     Add to that the fact that Boone has NEVER beaten a Knoxville team going back to the inception of the school in 1971.      I have no idea what Gibbs has so this reply is based pretty much on history and trending.     However, I am calling for Crockett to win their first ever playoff game (again since 1971) against Halls.