Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

21 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Heck of a Band for sure at Dobyns Bennett. 

I was there that day that the DB band performed at Neyland , and I have to say that they were Amazing . In my opinion that day they were better than the " Pride of the Southland " .... I'm definitely a Football Fan first but I don't see why you can't be proud of both the Band and the Football team . It doesn't have to be an either - or situation . To me it would be like thinking you had to pull against the Tennessee basketball team if you are a Huge Tn Football fan .... it makes no sense at all . 

8 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Just watching one of those DB players from the great 9th grade team four years ago that I said wasn't on last years team as a senior.Playing Left tackle for Kentucky,6'5" 357 true freshman,Kinnard

He sure would have helped the Tribe, but you have to wonder if he would have become a four star and U.S. Army All American at DB .

8 hours ago, IndiansForLife said:

He sure would have helped the Tribe, but you have to wonder if he would have become a four star and U.S. Army All American at DB .

Ifs and Buts.Without a doubt,he made the 100% correct move for himself by leaving DB.Who knows but I've got a couple of thoughts since it's hypothetical and I know what kind of skill that class had from the start and this is for those that say there is no talent in Kingsport..My bet is he might have gave up football like several more if he had not left DB.Now,take that whole class and put them at Greeneville last year and my bet would be this with coach Ballard and his staff working with and helping those young men develop and do the right things including a strength program .Kinnard is probably a Five star and one more that quit is probably a D1 player as well this year.Atleast two more lineman that quit get rides to maybe small D1 schools.One skill player that quit gets a ride to atleast a small D1 school ,maybe big D1 school and one more that quit gets a ride to a small school.The best thing is they all then win a state title.In the end,DB would have still been where they are today and I'm very happy that the young man ended up where he is at Kentucky.By the way,none of those players were my own but I'd say he would have loved to play for coach Ballard and won a state title with his friends and maybe pushed a few Devils in the weight room for a record or two along the way.

Edited by BatmanDevil

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Ifs and Buts.Without a doubt,he made the 100% correct move for himself by leaving DB.Who knows but I've got a couple of thoughts since it's hypothetical and I know what kind of skill that class had from the start and this is for those that say there is no talent in Kingsport..My bet is he might have gave up football like several more if he had not left DB.Now,take that whole class and put them at Greeneville last year and my bet would be this with coach Ballard and his staff working with and helping those young men develop and do the right things including a strength program .Kinnard is probably a Five star and one more that quit is probably a D1 player as well this year.Atleast two more lineman that quit get rides to maybe small D1 schools.One skill player that quit gets a ride to atleast a small D1 school ,maybe big D1 school and one more that quit gets a ride to a small school.The best thing is they all then win a state title.In the end,DB would have still been where they are today and I'm very happy that the young man ended up where he is at Kentucky.By the way,none of those players were my own but I'd say he would have loved to play for coach Ballard and won a state title with his friends and maybe pushed a few Devils in the weight room for a record or two along the way.

And so goes the story of that great Dobyns-Bennett coaching staff led by the legend Graham Clark. 

20 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Just watching one of those DB players from the great 9th grade team four years ago that I said wasn't on last years team as a senior.Playing Left tackle for Kentucky,6'5" 357 true freshman,Kinnard

I work with his GrandMother , He is an Awesome young Man !! Wish he was at TN because Lord knows we need help on that Line ... But I think he's right where he needs to be . I look forward to following this young Man's career for many years to come !! 

50 minutes ago, pepvol said:

I work with his GrandMother , He is an Awesome young Man !! Wish he was at TN because Lord knows we need help on that Line ... But I think he's right where he needs to be . I look forward to following this young Man's career for many years to come !! 

Myself also.I  loved watching my son go against him even though he gave up  about 60 pounds when they were in the 9th.Mine only went about 240 but I had him benching over  300  and very strong on the deadlift and squats as well.It was a war between them.I text my son yesterday and told him Darian was  playing against Georgia and he thought it was awesome.

The Kingsport Cook Out has dinner and a show.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/tennessee/2018/11/01/half-naked-woman-falls-through-ceiling-kingsport-restaurant/1843099002/ 

I've always had a theory about the name Harley. Your chances of being incarcerated go up exponentially if you are named Harley. My study is inconclusive as to weather the name causes the behavior or if families that are predisposed to this kind of behavior choose this name. 

0c95b59a-c83f-497e-82b4-46b7fb75a4ac-Mor

Edited by Red Rebels

4 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

The Kingsport Cook Out has dinner and a show.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/tennessee/2018/11/01/half-naked-woman-falls-through-ceiling-kingsport-restaurant/1843099002/ 

I've always had a theory about the name Harley. Your chances of being incarcerated go up exponentially if you are named Harley. My study is inconclusive as to weather the name causes the behavior or if families that are predisposed to this kind of behavior choose this name. 

0c95b59a-c83f-497e-82b4-46b7fb75a4ac-Mor

Since you went there RR.First thing that Batman thought was.Wonder if their burgers are frozen and pre-made .