Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

53 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

TRIBE   FANS:

What is the benchmark you would accept for a successful season?    And let's be realistic, do not say a trip to Cookeville.     Would it be finishing > .500 and getting to the post-season every year?      Or is it getting to round 3 and getting stomped by to play Maryville?

I've pulled for the Tribe in many games over the years and put a bunch of time trying to get my kids ready and help other parents get there kids ready in the past.Worked the stupidazz race and a bunch of things to try and help that program even when one of mine wasn't playing.That Batman and not the one we see  today,would accept  nothing less then a state title as the benchmark for success at DB.This Batman is the same for his own school today,Greeneville.If they lose in the third round next week,I'm not excited about it.I'm not even a little bit happy about it.I've said enough about what I thought and the stupid  things that my family had to endure because of a few people in and around the DB program "BUT",if I were a player,coach, parent or fan and didn't think Kingsport deserves a team playing for a state title and that winning 4 or 5 games and maybe a round or two in the playoffs was awesome,I'd be fort Patrick henry dam if I'd have anything to do with that.By the way,the DB band is going for a national title this weekend  

Edited by BatmanDevil

Let's look at the next year's Tribe team.  RB gone.  QB gone.  That's over 7000 yards of total offense right there over the past two years.  Center gone.  Two guards gone.  Remaining OL men are currently sophs.  Leading receiver (Jenkins) gone.  remainder were not bad but not great.   Secondary all comes back.  This could be interpreted as bad news.   DL was only fair, and will partially return.  The lone good news is the LB corp.   All return , and were pretty awesome against the run at least.

Factor in that they will still play Oak Ridge, Farragut,  Science Hill,  and Alcoa.  Not to mention HV and Bearden.  And I just don't see a possibility of a season above 5-5.   Trying not to be a homer, and just being objective and breaking it down.  A lot of holes to fill, and limited putty.  JMO

44 minutes ago, johndeere said:

Let's look at the next year's Tribe team.  RB gone.  QB gone.  That's over 7000 yards of total offense right there over the past two years.  Center gone.  Two guards gone.  Remaining OL men are currently sophs.  Leading receiver (Jenkins) gone.  remainder were not bad but not great.   Secondary all comes back.  This could be interpreted as bad news.   DL was only fair, and will partially return.  The lone good news is the LB corp.   All return , and were pretty awesome against the run at least.

Factor in that they will still play Oak Ridge, Farragut,  Science Hill,  and Alcoa.  Not to mention HV and Bearden.  And I just don't see a possibility of a season above 5-5.   Trying not to be a homer, and just being objective and breaking it down.  A lot of holes to fill, and limited putty.  JMO

That does look bleak but at least Greeneville is off the schedule.     Although you never know, the Devils might drop off next year too...

2 hours ago, johndeere said:

Back in the day,I use to be in the drywall and painting business.The anology I can certainly understand.Also,DB needs to do a better job of hanging the sheetrock and bring in a couple more guys that can finish and sand it properly before the painter { coach Christian } will have a chance to complete a great job.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:31 PM, johndeere said:

I don't see DB passing the 5-5 mark anytime soon. Both the middle schools had very bad seasons this year. The worst I can remember. There's a big problem all the way from the little leagues to high school varsity. I could count the number of good coaches in the entire system on one hand. It's been pointed out in the community many times over the past 10-15 years and they've actually somehow been able to make the problem worse. We have a lot of athletes that have just lost interest, and the ones that do stick with it are not getting good coaching. Nothing will be done to fix it. Get used to having a losing record in football. 

15 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't see DB passing the 5-5 mark anytime soon. Both the middle schools had very bad seasons this year. The worst I can remember. There's a big problem all the way from the little leagues to high school varsity. I could count the number of good coaches in the entire system on one hand. It's been pointed out in the community many times over the past 10-15 years and they've actually somehow been able to make the problem worse. We have a lot of athletes that have just lost interest, and the ones that do stick with it are not getting good coaching. Nothing will be done to fix it. Get used to having a losing record in football. 

As a Boone guy I have to say this is rather sad to read, but I cannot disagree with anything you said.

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yes, it's been really bad, both at RNR and Sevier. My grandson plays for Robinson. He'll be at D-B next year and wants to continue playing no matter what, but I don't see things getting better anytime soon.  Right now 5-5 might be considered an achievement. 

3 hours ago, tj3775 said:

Dobyns-Bennett wins the Class AAA National Championship at the 2018 Bands of America Grand Nationals!!!!!!  Another record for DB—Class AAA National Champions!!!!!!!!   #RiseAbove

I want to see their stats from the finals. I heard the percussion section had to overcome some injuries and several were playing injured, but they played through the pain. The woodwinds were solid as usual.

• Like 2