Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

3 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I want to see their stats from the finals. I heard the percussion section had to overcome some injuries and several were playing injured, but they played through the pain. The woodwinds were solid as usual.

The woodwinds had a couple of chop block penalties, but yeah other than that they looked good.

19 hours ago, tj3775 said:

Dobyns-Bennett wins the Class AAA National Championship at the 2018 Bands of America Grand Nationals!!!!!!  Another record for DB—Class AAA National Champions!!!!!!!!   #RiseAbove

That is a fantastic achievement . Someone was telling me that just like those private prep basketball schools ,there are schools set up around the country for bands like that and very hard to compete against.Either way,for a regular Tennessee high school to be named national Champions, it's an awesome accomplishment ! Like I said in an earlier post,they have a hail of a band at Dobyns Bennett.

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB did not miss the playoffs by much this year, they will be back in it next year.   Not saying the Tribe is going to make it to play Maryville but I feel certain they at least play post-season.

They will not be nearly as good next year as they were this year.  So......no.

8 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB did not miss the playoffs by much this year, they will be back in it next year.   Not saying the Tribe is going to make it to play Maryville but I feel certain they at least play post-season.

I'm curious as to why you would predict that?  The highlight of this year's team was the offense. The focal point of that offense was the region's best running back, who is gone, along with some of his OL, and an experienced, competent QB. Taylor is a good RB, but I'm not sure you can count on him, and certainly not to give you the production that Hicks did. 

7 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I'm curious as to why you would predict that?  The highlight of this year's team was the offense. The focal point of that offense was the region's best running back, who is gone, along with some of his OL, and an experienced, competent QB. Taylor is a good RB, but I'm not sure you can count on him, and certainly not to give you the production that Hicks did. 

All valid points, my prediction is based more on tradition, I mean this is DB after all, not some Johnny-come-lately high school.     To miss the playoffs for the first time in about 30 years, that just seems to say that the statistical probability is very high that it doesn't happen two years in a row.

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

All valid points, my prediction is based more on tradition, I mean this is DB after all, not some Johnny-come-lately high school.     To miss the playoffs for the first time in about 30 years, that just seems to say that the statistical probability is very high that it doesn't happen two years in a row.

Sorry but the tradition in football is gone. Everybody might as well get used to it.