Dobyns Bennett

kingindian33

The difference in 2008 being that DB was by far the better team .Looked about like Alabama playing UT this year in the first half.No way DB shouldn't have won that game by whatever number of touchdowns.Sevier county was a toss-up going in 2011 and they had some really good playmakers.28 point lead in the 2nd half was a huge lead but I've seen good teams overcome that before.Yes it also is hard to accept but at the half I told my dad I didn't think it was a done deal and it wasn't.

Edited by BatmanDevil

16 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

The difference in 2008 being that DB was by far the better team .Looked about like Alabama playing UT this year in the first half.No way DB shouldn't have won that game by whatever number of touchdowns.Sevier county was a toss-up going in 2011 and they had some really good playmakers.28 point lead in the 2nd half was a huge lead but I've seen good teams overcome that before.Yes it also is hard to accept but at the half I told my dad I didn't think it was a done deal and it wasn't.

I had several friends who left in the 3rd qtr of that Sevier Co game.     I guess you can't blame them, halfway thru the 3rd it was still 28-0.     But like you say, no lead is safe when it's playoff time.

DB fans might enjoy this....     This is not trivial because the opening game is a lot of times against Elizabethton

https://www.wjhl.com/local/science-hill-football-coach-plans-to-appeal-2019-opening-game-suspension/1591777501

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) - A local football coach is planning to appeal a suspension for the upcoming season.  

TSSAA tells News Channel 11 that Science Hill High School head football coach Stacy Carter was ejected after receiving two unsportsmanlike penalties in the Hilltoppers 42-7 loss to Maryville.  

As Carter was leaving the field, a TSSAA spokesperson says he received a third penalty for disrespecting officials and yelling profanity at them.  

Carter says he was asking the official questions after his team was penalized.

Carter said he did nothing wrong, did not use profanity and plans to appeal.

Science Hill has been fined $250 and Carter must sit out of the Hilltoppers 2019 season opener.  

Johnson City Schools originally declined to comment on this issue Monday afternoon. 

News Channel 11 received a statement from Science Hill Principal Todd Barnett at 10:28 p.m. via email that showed support for the coach. 

Barnett says in the email, 

“The incident this past Friday involving Science Hill football Coach Stacey Carter will not diminish the positive impact he has had on our student athletes and community the past nine years. Science Hill High School clearly recognizes sportsmanship as fundamental to the overall development of all our student athletes.  Coach Carter is a servant leader of exceptional integrity and exemplary character. He is well-respected in our school and community for the work he has done with our students, both on and off the field. Coach Carter works diligently to instill these same characteristics in the student athletes under his direction.”

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

DB fans might enjoy this....     This is not trivial because the opening game is a lot of times against Elizabethton

https://www.wjhl.com/local/science-hill-football-coach-plans-to-appeal-2019-opening-game-suspension/1591777501

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) - A local football coach is planning to appeal a suspension for the upcoming season.  

TSSAA tells News Channel 11 that Science Hill High School head football coach Stacy Carter was ejected after receiving two unsportsmanlike penalties in the Hilltoppers 42-7 loss to Maryville.  

As Carter was leaving the field, a TSSAA spokesperson says he received a third penalty for disrespecting officials and yelling profanity at them.  

Carter says he was asking the official questions after his team was penalized.

Carter said he did nothing wrong, did not use profanity and plans to appeal.

Science Hill has been fined $250 and Carter must sit out of the Hilltoppers 2019 season opener.  

Johnson City Schools originally declined to comment on this issue Monday afternoon. 

News Channel 11 received a statement from Science Hill Principal Todd Barnett at 10:28 p.m. via email that showed support for the coach. 

Barnett says in the email, 

“The incident this past Friday involving Science Hill football Coach Stacey Carter will not diminish the positive impact he has had on our student athletes and community the past nine years. Science Hill High School clearly recognizes sportsmanship as fundamental to the overall development of all our student athletes.  Coach Carter is a servant leader of exceptional integrity and exemplary character. He is well-respected in our school and community for the work he has done with our students, both on and off the field. Coach Carter works diligently to instill these same characteristics in the student athletes under his direction.”

I'm not a big fan of Carter as a coach but I'm on his side here. I don't believe he used profanity. From what I've been told I think the TSSAA should cut this group of officials loose.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm not a big fan of Carter as a coach but I'm on his side here. I don't believe he used profanity. From what I've been told I think the TSSAA should cut this group of officials loose.

They were terrible. I don't think they we're cheaters or had an agenda, but they were incompetent as a group.

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Like 1

If Carter doesn’t get suspended for a game it’s ridiculous. Went to a middle school basketball game other night and coach got a technical because he told referee he lied to him cause game had rough play. After first technical referee didn’t back away and said so you calling me a liar coach said yea you lied to me and gave him another technical and thrown out of game. Can’t coach until he pays $250 fine which both schools are fighting.