Fulton @ OR

SweetScience

3 minutes ago, jeffyt said:

I was talking to Johnny Stewart (last year's quarterback) at the Campbell County game and I asked him about Herbert, #13...Johny said and I quote... "Herb is a magician".

That he is.He is a gamer that is never scared and that's in Bball and football.He had his worst game last week so Im hoping this will be his best.J.Stewart was a good high school QB and that pass and catch to C.Martin in Fulton game last yr was play of yr.Wish we still had Angel and Martin for this game.Angel made Fulton remember him last yr.Lets hope Adams,Mitchell and the D can put on a show like we did last yr.Go Cats

16 hours ago, catswild said:

Thanks. I think Catholic is a sleeping giant come playoff time 

12 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

I hope so. I think both OR and Fulton will give everyone trouble. Hopefully our line play will carry us. Not many teams are stronger upfront.

Don't go sleeping on Crockett and Knox Central... two tough teams that will be interesting in post-season too!

2 hours ago, rebelsrecruit said:

Just curious why OR doesn't go with another QB to play more like a true QB and let the booker kid play Slot/Rb and get him the ball out in space and make plays. I went to the Farragut/OR game and if OR had a true passing QB a used booker more as an athlete they would be a different team. Does OR just not have a true prototypical type QB in the system?

Yes, but he's a sophomore and I think he'll be very good. I like Booker at QB...he's not a great passer but at QB he touches the ball EVERY play! I'll bet every team we play would love him at slot/RB so his touches would be 5-15 times a game

3 hours ago, rebelsrecruit said:

Just curious why OR doesn't go with another QB to play more like a true QB and let the booker kid play Slot/Rb and get him the ball out in space and make plays. I went to the Farragut/OR game and if OR had a true passing QB a used booker more as an athlete they would be a different team. Does OR just not have a true prototypical type QB in the system?

No. And hasn’t had one in quite a while.   While the Sophomore should be a good one, he is pretty balanced between run and pass. 

1 hour ago, FHSalumn12 said:

Fulton wins a close one... 28-21

I expect that type of a game and it could go either way. Let me ask you a question...why don’t Fulton fans support their football team? I was shocked last year when we came over for the region championship game. I’ll bet Fulton didn’t have 200 fans in the stands. Will y’all bring anyone to OR? I was expecting a great atmosphere (I had never been to a Fulton football game) and it was like a morgue. Thank goodness for the OR fans or it would’ve been totally silent. 

16 minutes ago, catswild said:

I expect that type of a game and it could go either way. Let me ask you a question...why don’t Fulton fans support their football team? I was shocked last year when we came over for the region championship game. I’ll bet Fulton didn’t have 200 fans in the stands. Will y’all bring anyone to OR? I was expecting a great atmosphere (I had never been to a Fulton football game) and it was like a morgue. Thank goodness for the OR fans or it would’ve been totally silent. 

Fulton supports their team. Last year was a bit wonky for a plethora of reasons. In fairness---no one in Knoxville gave Oak Ridge a chance---so many thought it was in the bag. Why sit in the cold? Another was that it was the dedication ceremony where they honored the mother of the slain kid and retired his jersey. That said--way more than 200 fans showed up. But it was less than expected. 

I suspect that many more will travel to Oak Ridge and it will be a packed house (for a Thursday game anyway). 

As for the earlier comment (from someone else)---that inexperience will get the best of Oak Ridge---just a reminder---this is week 11 of the season. Unless there are injuries---there is no such thing as "inexperienced" after playing 9 games LOL. This game will be a good one. I expect Fulton to start fast and be up by a couple scores at the half. I expect it to be tied up midway through the fourth. Expect a doozy of a game everyone!

OR 28-14, but only if they bring pressure. They can't sit back! I know the DB's are good, but this isn't your average high school team you're playing. Very experienced (24 seniors) Central has played with them (3 out of the last 4 games) because they rattled Malone, and how Malone goes, so goes the Fulton team. Good luck to both teams, no injuries, good hard playing football! Can't wait to watch!

53 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

OR 28-14, but only if they bring pressure. They can't sit back! I know the DB's are good, but this isn't your average high school team you're playing. Very experienced (24 seniors) Central has played with them (3 out of the last 4 games) because they rattled Malone, and how Malone goes, so goes the Fulton team. Good luck to both teams, no injuries, good hard playing football! Can't wait to watch!

I see Fulton as the favorite and that was before I read your post about 24 SRs.Wow that is a lot.I agree 100% about having to pressure Malone. Unlike most people I don't think this Oak Ridge team is as good as last yrs.Its really close but last yrs team had a more balanced offense and defense.The way Oak Ridge looked vs DB got everybody thinking highly of Oak Ridge.And Oak Ridge got a lot of points from the defense but its hard to depend on that.But we still struggle to move the ball for long periods of time.The defense hasn't been good at getting pressure on QB until last week and that could be because we just got our best DL back.One thing this yr that hurts the Cats is our kicking game.We cant kick it in end zone and vs good return guys have to pop it up.I think Oak Ridge will have to out rush Fulton by 100 + yds and win the turnover battle.Fulton is great at stopping run and we depend on it so that might be what decides the game.But I will be there cheering on the Cats no matter what and hope for the best.