Possible COIN FLIP for region Title is Region 6!

FridayMainEvent

16 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I was thinking about this a couple days ago wondering if you would have to go through each tie breaking procedure regardless.  But after giving it some thought, I would say not. Otherwise the tie breaking procedures wouldn't be numbered. Once a tie breaker knocks someone from the tie then back to C. Then all over again.

Carefully read item "B" .   ONE team must be left to revert back to the top.   I hope you are correct.   It definitely makes thing much easier.

Edited by FridayMainEvent

36 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

When it comes to deciphering TSSAA language, I'm not the best.  Email Gillespie, he's over the TSSAA playoffs. 

Great minds think alike.  I had already emailed him prior to seeing your post.   You are correct and I "stand corrected"..  It does revert back to head to head after the 3-way is broken.   Hillsboro will be the region champs barring something unusual.    Sorry for the mistake, GWAVE however I'm sure you'd prefer to have a shot at second spot.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Here is the TSSAA rule book on Tie Breakers

A. In Class 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A and 6A, all teams are required to play all other teams within their region. The teams
with the best region records shall be declared the region winner, runner-up, third and fourth place and shall
advance to the first round of the football play-off series.
B. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams
that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

C. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has
defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. (After
the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to
work out the runner-up position.
The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams.)
D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region,
shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):
1. The team with the greatest number of victories.    (BEECH/ HILLSBORO TIED)
2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.  (STILL TIED AT 5 EACH)
3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.  (STILL TIED AT 2 EACH)
4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.  (Beech-41 Hillsboro-40)
5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.
6. Coin Flip

This will play itself out until the tie is broken.   Even though Gallatin drops out of the tie breaker with the first criteria, it states the tie-breaker continues on until 1 team beats the other two.  IT DOES NOT REVERT BACK TO HEAD TO HEAD in a 3 way once one team drops out!  (At least that is how I read it)   Have we ever had a coin flip for a region title?

So it the tiebreaker will go all the way down to determine the region champ, and then the process will restart to determine the 2 seed, but going by letter B, once it restarts the team with head to head would be 2nd. 

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Great minds think alike.  I had already emailed him prior to seeing your post.   You are correct and I "stand corrected"..  It does revert back to head to head after the 3-way is broken.   Hillsboro will be the region champs barring something unusual.    Sorry for the mistake, GWAVE however I'm sure you'd prefer to have a shot at second spot.

That's good to know.  I came across this a few days ago when you brought up the Giles situation on your show.  I don't want to say the language is vague but it could be stated more clearly. 

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Knew it was never in the cards after last Friday.  Like I said , unless something had changed, this is the way it had been since the 80’s.  Headed to Shelbyville.  

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Wonder why they have refused to post it on their scenario page?? It is very simple...should say If Beech wins, If Hillsboro wins...then Hillsboro 1st, Beech 2nd, Gallatin 3rd, Hillwood 4th. What is the big mystery/question marks???? Unbelievable. Any word on where Hillsboro will play its playoff games?

Edited by sportsguy22

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Knew it was never in the cards after last Friday.  Like I said , unless something had changed, this is the way it had been since the 80’s.  Headed to Shelbyville.  

You've won there before.   I called that 2013 game on the radio from the Visitors bleachers that year with a  generator running under the stands... (in the rain if I remember correctly)

14 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

You've won there before.   I called that 2013 game on the radio from the Visitors bleachers that year with a  generator running under the stands... (in the rain if I remember correctly)

Yep but those were very different circumstances.  I remember telling you to watch a certain backup runningback who had been getting a few carries for Gallatin.  That kid ended up being Gallatin’s all time leading rusher and current starter at Georgia Tech.  

15 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

We scrimmaged Shelbyville in the first Scrimmage this year.  Shelbyville has a ton of weapons and I believe outscored the Wave 5-2 although I am sure players and positions have changed since then.  

You have a good memory! It was 5 TDs to 2 TDs in the preseason. It was, however, 12 weeks ago! We have a very good team and we’ll be at home, but Y’all have a great tradition and Mark will have his guys ready to go after his alma mater! That said, it is a better draw than hosting Hillsboro obviously. Curious if they end up playing at Vandy? at TSU? at Hillwood? The handbook states they have to play at 7 pm on Friday night in the playoffs.

Edited by sportsguy22