Sale Creek @ Gordonsville.

croz6110

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Really? Wasn't Macon who you played in the jamboree? 

Yep. We can't get them in the regular season, because people like TC gobble that cupcake up before we can get to it.:hungry:  JK

Here's the truth, I wouldn't mind playing Macon in the regular season, good gate and higher classification, meaning they are presumably tougher.  Shoulders will have them as a good program. They're not good this year, but I'm confident they will be. The reality is that with as many non-region games next year that we'll have, it's hard to schedule top notch opponents in every one. We'll have 5 non-region games. Smith, Trousdale, and H2O are usually tough. Smith is down this year, but history says they'll be tough again. Coalfield is a solid 1A program, and Fayetteville has had some good seasons in their short time in existence. As a matter of fact, their first playoff win was against us. Just like your game with Whitwell or even us, you can't accurately predict how good a team will be down the road when you schedule them. You can have an idea, but that's about it.

So, you can hate on us all you want. Truth is I have as much control on our schedule as you have with TC's. But, I'm fine with ours. You can hate on our staff and how they were hired, but your son isn't playing for them. Mine is, and I'm glad it's this staff that will spend the majority of time with him the next 4 years.

1 minute ago, croz6110 said:

Yep. We can't get them in the regular season, because people like TC gobble that cupcake up before we can get to it.:hungry:  JK

Here's the truth, I wouldn't mind playing Macon in the regular season, good gate and higher classification, meaning they are presumably tougher.  Shoulders will have them as a good program. They're not good this year, but I'm confident they will be. The reality is that with as many non-region games next year that we'll have, it's hard to schedule top notch opponents in every one. We'll have 5 non-region games. Smith, Trousdale, and H2O are usually tough. Smith is down this year, but history says they'll be tough again. Coalfield is a solid 1A program, and Fayetteville has had some good seasons in their short time in existence. As a matter of fact, their first playoff win was against us. Just like your game with Whitwell or even us, you can't accurately predict how good a team will be down the road when you schedule them. You can have an idea, but that's about it.

So, you can hate on us all you want. Truth is I have as much control on our schedule as you have with TC's. But, I'm fine with ours. You can hate on our staff and how they were hired, but your son isn't playing for them. Mine is, and I'm glad it's this staff that will spend the majority of time with him the next 4 years.

So you agree that Shoulders is a good coach? He did a terrific job at RBS making it respectable. Macon is in the playoffs in his first season and he was recruited by Creasy to Oakland. 

You do know he applied for gordy? 

1 minute ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

So you agree that Shoulders is a good coach? He did a terrific job at RBS making it respectable. Macon is in the playoffs in his first season and he was recruited by Creasy to Oakland. 

Not sure on that one, he was quoted as saying "this is one of the only places that could pry me away from Oakland." He wanted the TC job when Barker was hired. 

1 minute ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

He  does wants TC ( who wouldnt) but did apply at gordy.

I have said before, he would have been a better hire than barker, but Clint just couldn't hire a guy that was the coach at RBS. Understandable but he is Coach on the rise, he will have the Tigers winning region titles soon. 

18 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I was told he didn't, because he was the first guy I thought of when the opening came up. He was interested when he was still at RBS when Marshall had health problems, but the interest had passed after going to Oakland. I'm fairly certain he didn't apply, especially since he had just built a house in Macon. I heard quite a few names, most had no experience. Shoulders wasn't one of them.

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

:rolleyes: We can't all schedule Macon Co.

That's a good one I give that to you but they where actually down for last year but I didn't see Gordonsville step up and play Macon when they where really good just like how Gordonsville is avoiding Upperman coming off a undefeated season this year all im saying step up and play a 6a team or play Cookville if Gordonsville want other teams to respect them then stop playing Jackson Co who shouldn't even have a football program or other 1-9 teams all wins aren't created equal is all that in saying java respect for your schedule and do it the TC way any time anywhere and no matter how big the school is and how big of a school 

I'm not certain on who actually applied for the GHS position but I agree with Croz.  Our coach is the right man for the job.  I would think that coach shoulders wanted the Macon position before GHS or TC.  That's his home and you can't blame him for that.  He's a really good up and coming coach and I expect for him to do some really good things with that program in the future.  I've been hearing a lot of rumors about a new TC coach next year.  Is it possible that TC would bring in a new Satterfield ?  I always had a lot of respect for Coach Clint.  In my opinion he was probably one of the best high school coaches around when I played.  I've heard his son is a "chip off the old block".  

Edited by GoBlue98