Forrest vs Waverly

Wavo2004

8 minutes ago, Salem said:

Amazing how we beat Watertown, Meigs, and Tyner in 2016 and had the core of the team returning. Those three teams have become the toast of 2A and our program cratered.

2016 was the year we turned it around. Was the third year ( I believe ) of our current coach. We went 10-2 that season. Lost  to Forrest in the playoffs in a very close game second round. We've had two really good seasons in 17 and 18. But we've had the same coach. The coach in your 16 season left the following year correct? Forrest problems seem to be a coaching one I think. Sometimes it takes 2-3 years to build up a football program in high school as well as college. Were fortunate in the coaching we have. Hopefully your new coach just needs some time as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

2016 was the year we turned it around.The coach in your 16 season left the following year correct? Forrest problems seem to be a coaching one I think. Sometimes it takes 2-3 years to build up a football program in high school as well as college. Were fortunate in the coaching we have. Hopefully your new coach just needs some time as well.

No, essentially the entire staff returned in 2017. New coach was hired this year in May after spring practice had concluded.  

39 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Define "core"   We lost the 2 best skill players they've had maybe ever (jones wild) and a great DB (kritz). 

They were good players but were more than replaced statistically with what we had coming back. According to the team stat website, Wild and Jones had 1060 yards rushing with 11 TDs in 2016. Last season, McClendon and Turner had 1977 yards and 23 TDs. Receiving yardage was about even. Both had less than 80 carries on the season and could have easily doubled their yardage if they were utilized more.

Kritz got hurt mid season and did not return.

Core was 4 out 5 offensive linemen, QB, and a stable of running backs. We had as many stars returning as Watertown, Meigs, and Tyner from 2016.

2 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Just pasted the high school20181031_200246.png.c8fde25af9f8980b36fcd9a5888cb6e9.png

Awww man, that's not gone be fun. This might be an ugly game. I know you Forrest guys are thinking we got the win in the bag, but I hope and pray that our guys don't feel that way.  I take nothing for granted in the PLAYOFFS! Everyone bring their best! The loss in the 1st round to a 3-7 Jackson team left a bad taste in my mouth that I won't ever forget. Hopefully these coaches and boys are the same way and they come out firing on all cylinders. Blowout or no, I won't be comfortable in this game unless we are up by 35. Let's leave no chance of defeat, lol. 

• Upvote 1