Peabody VS MAHS Round 1

Goldenpride

12 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Or he could be like the coach from trezevant I find it hard to believe all those kids transferring was done by the rules. I’m sure if he does well over the next few years or even this year he moves out of the area to a better school. 

He was an assistant at Whitehaven before he took this job! He got a couple kids transfer from there that had got in trouble and has made them into good students & players! Kids in Memphis play musical chairs with schools! T$$AA only gets involved when crap hits the fan like it did with Trezevant! Therefore, you may play a team this year & next year some of those kids may be playing for someone else! It’s even worse in basketball! Also, yeah he is probably cutting his head coaching teeth there til something big time opens up! 

Edited by utvol2

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Does anybody know if this a running team or passing or balanced ? 

I know it’s not good to look past any opponent, but I honestly don’t think it really matters what MAHS does because I don’t think those kids will be able to comepete for 4 quarters with Peabody in the grand scheme of things. Peabody is way too well coached all around. 

2 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I know it’s not good to look past any opponent, but I honestly don’t think it really matters what MAHS does because I don’t think those kids will be able to comepete for 4 quarters with Peabody in the grand scheme of things. Peabody is way too well coached all around. 

Yeah I’m just curious. We over looked one team and look what happened. I just hope it’s a good clean game 

Just now, Tide21 said:

Yeah I’m just curious. We over looked one team and look what happened. I just hope it’s a good clean game 

Just now, Goldenpride said:

If we show up to play ball we should be a lock for 3rd round. If we show up not focused you can kiss one of the best shots we’ve had to win a championship goodbye, and that would be really disappointing. 

Both of you are exactly right. Overlooking anyone at this point of the year is a big mistake. I’m coming from an outside perspective on coaching, talent, & overall scheme & I just think Peabody’s defense is way too dominant for MAHS. Now if they make it to the 3rd round, they’ll really be in for a test. Heck even 2nd round too. But this week is all that matters at this point for every team playing. 

11 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

If we show up to play ball we should be a lock for 3rd round. If we show up not focused you can kiss one of the best shots we’ve had to win a championship goodbye, and that would be really disappointing. 

I honestly think this team is better than the 2014 team.  I think we could have a good chance next year also if we can replace the guys we will lose on defense. 

28 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I’ll also add this is probably Peabody’s best shot at making a run for a state title.. This is the year to do it for them if they’re gonna make it that far. I’m really hoping for a Peabody & Waverly semifinal matchup. I will absolutely take off work early & make the 3 hour drive down to Trenton if that happens. 

Time will tell!!