South Pittsburg vs Monterey (Grider against this Hughes man)

Roy Dillard

33 minutes ago, sportman said:

OK, let me go ahead and get this off my chest today. I've already heard a person that hardly ever goes to the games talking about the price of tickets. I mean I'm like, my gosh, you only go to one or two ball games a year and your harping on the price to get in and watch what i think is the greatest sport in the best venue, high school,  . I mean cmon man!!! All I can say is try going to four or five baseball games in a week or 3 or 4 basketball games a week and let me know what you pay to get in those games and the football game will always come out cheaper.  Just an example but I know I paid for three to go to baseball games for all week and we paid 60 dollars just to get in and tonight I will pay 32 dollars for the same three for tonights football game so you do the math and what's the better deal? If Joe Shadrick was right when I had him in school the football game is alot cheaper.  Really wish those cheapskates would stay home or go up the road to another school and complain up there. 

What is this mess Sportman?  I did the math and something ain't adding up.

32÷3= 10.666666666.... somebody in your group is being charged an extra penny. It doesn't come out equally.  Besides that Grider is still charging you too much for a ticket.  I only pay $7 a ticket.  That Childress man only charges $8.  

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

What is this mess Sportman?  I did the math and something ain't adding up.

32÷3= 10.666666666.... somebody in your group is being charged an extra penny. It doesn't come out equally.  Besides that Grider is still charging you too much for a ticket.  I only pay $7 a ticket.  That Childress man only charges $8.  

My bad. I was so upset I meant to say pay for four instead of three!!! LOL.. That is 32, right? LOL..

52 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Good luck to Monterey tonight.

They are a very young but scrappy bunch. They played us closer than it ever should have been.

Hughes is a good coach that gets the most out of his players.

Thanks Croz! I agree about Hughes. He always has a pretty good game plan. I believe one day he will be in a program that will put him on the map! I would be shocked if you don't see him at Upperman or maybe Cookeville again as HC one day. Great Coach and he put a mind set into my son that no one else could! He is a Great Mentor and I would Rather my son had that than a Gold ball any day!

12 minutes ago, sportman said:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong and I sure have been wrong before, but I can only see that we have played Monterey twice and they have never scored on us and we have beaten them by the Mercy rule both times. I see that happening again tonight,IF, we play a decent game, That's a Big IF!!!

You are correct Sportman. Monterey has only had a couple years I can Remember that they have had a decent team! Actually until my son freshman year they had never won a playoff game. My Junior year many many moons ago we went 9-2 and lost first round to Trousdale who im pretty sure lost to Whitwell down the Road. That would of been 1991. Then in 2014 my son Freshman year they went to Semi Finals and got hammered by Coalfield and that was the First time they ever won a playoff game. Would of loved to play you guys that year but we got Copper Basin. You guys actually had a down year that year and that is RARE lol.

4 minutes ago, TALMAD said:

You are correct Sportman. Monterey has only had a couple years I can Remember that they have had a decent team! Actually until my son freshman year they had never won a playoff game. My Junior year many many moons ago we went 9-2 and lost first round to Trousdale who im pretty sure lost to Whitwell down the Road. That would of been 1991. Then in 2014 my son Freshman year they went to Semi Finals and got hammered by Coalfield and that was the First time they ever won a playoff game. Would of loved to play you guys that year but we got Copper Basin. You guys actually had a down year that year and that is RARE lol.

Yall would have beat us in 2014. Looks like yall have some good player's for tonight's game and I hope it's a good clean game.  

17 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

It may change in the next two years, but Monterey's enrollment is 392 which would put them in 2a the next classification period. 

I seen that. I knew it was a coming. To close the last couple years and the new school has caused some of that and I think Basketball has brought in some transfers also from what I hear.