Chester Co @ Springfield Rd 1

Kevin38

7 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Very similar to Springfield’s, from what little I’ve seen. They are not any where near as fast tho, their RB #6 is a pretty hard runner to his credit. Looks like they run a base 4-3 on defense. I haven’t seen enough to see how they do in pass defense, our ground game should put up plenty of yards in this one.

Thanks for the info

On 10/28/2018 at 7:40 PM, Goldenpride said:

Chester’s football program has gone down big time. This should be a running clock if not at the half it will be quick in the 3rd quarter. 

CC's principal ran off a good coach last year and look what he got....running clock for Springfield probably starting in pre-game...

39 minutes ago, cofo said:

CC's principal ran off a good coach last year and look what he got....running clock for Springfield probably starting in pre-game...

Head coach from last year not there anymore? I met him at the championship game and probably set and talked football with him for about 45 minutes. Nice guy, seemed like he probably was a good coach.

1 minute ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Head coach from last year not there anymore? I met him at the championship game and probably set and talked football with him for about 45 minutes. Nice guy, seemed like he probably was a good coach.

no...he "resigned" and took the hc job at Fayette-Ware....not exactly a promotion....CC prin not easy to work for...I know from personal experience...

6 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

No "probably" about it. Hodum has been successful before Chester County, and was just beginning to change the culture there, which takes time. Schools like CC can have random winning seasons according to talent, but a winning tradition was forming and I thought that within the next few seasons, six or seven wins would have gone from being celebrated to average or below. Was a real head scratcher for him to go to Fayette Ware "suddenly".

39 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

No "probably" about it. Hodum has been successful before Chester County, and was just beginning to change the culture there, which takes time. Schools like CC can have random winning seasons according to talent, but a winning tradition was forming and I thought that within the next few seasons, six or seven wins would have gone from being celebrated to average or below. Was a real head scratcher for him to go to Fayette Ware "suddenly".

Some people can’t see the forest for the trees. This ties into the comment you made on the other west TN post. You can have all the talent   in the world, but without good coaching it’s not going to get you over the top. Some administrative people and fans will NEVER get this. 

Edited by Poundtherock23
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

I have some family down in that area, my cousin was a senior the year Chester won a good amount of games, and he loved Hodum. 

you made my point...CC prin micro-manages and has run off alot of good teachers-coaches...he was head fb coach at CC back in the late 90's and had a horrible record...he should have fired himself....

4 hours ago, cofo said:

Catlett ran off a “good” coach in Hodum? Yes, Chester County won that district back in 2014 I believe, but had no chance in beating North Side that year. Also, they struggled since. Don’t get me wrong he took TCA to state with Jabriel Washington, but they were also were 5-5 in the regular season I believe. I like Hodum as a person though. 

From seeing more of CC’s games, they do have a WR that is pretty long and can catch it decent. He’s #2 I believe. They do, however, seem to turn it over a lot. Looked like lots of forced fumbles, with ball security issues. Any one that has seen them in person want to comment on this?

Edited by Poundtherock23