Class 5-A. Region 5 vs Region 6

GWAVE1

Hopefully Beech is healed up and ready to go tonight.  Starting tailback and left tackle missed the Hillwood game.  Don't know much about Summit, but do know that Beech will have to play better than they did last week to win.  My take on this quad is that there is no clear favorite to move on to the quarters.  Of the 8 teams in it, probably 4 or 5 have a legitimate shot to advance.  I assume the winner will have to go to Paris. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

HATE to hear the coach bashing on here. Hear it every night at work. GHS not same since split with SC. The Short days are over. Gallatin folk need to recognize!

GO JACKETS!

The Short days are over, sure, but Station Camp has been a school since 2000. & Gallatin has fielded plenty of good teams since 2000. In fact, Gallatin beat Station Camp like a drum every time they ever played until the coaching change was made. You can get mad about talking about coaching, but it is just FACTS. Even the posters on here from rival schools will tell you they think Gallatin coaching is sub-par at best. Also I find it funny your say GO JACKETS...cause I noticed that TC never wanted ANY part in playing Gallatin until they seen the noticable drop off in 2013 and only then decided to play GHS. The years before that TC wanted no part in that beating.

GO GREEN WAVE!

1 hour ago, jimb1972 said:

TOUCHY?  Must be disgruntled parent. Talent not what it used to be at GHS! JACKETS would beat you this year!

GO JACKETS!

Honestly I have a lot of respect for Trousdale Co.  They do it the right way over at the Creekbank.  

Talent may be a little low this year in spots but that is not always the case.  More times than not, Gallatin would beat Hartsville just on sheer numbers.  Good luck to our neighbors in the playoffs.  

9 hours ago, jimb1972 said:

TOUCHY?  Must be disgruntled parent. Talent not what it used to be at GHS! JACKETS would beat you this year!

GO JACKETS!

I’m not a Gallatin fan at all, but I can tell you they have athletes. I personally believe they have more athletes than any other team in Sumner County most years. 

13 hours ago, jimb1972 said:

HATE to hear the coach bashing on here. Hear it every night at work. GHS not same since split with SC. The Short days are over. Gallatin folk need to recognize!

GO JACKETS!

Not sure it is coach bashing when comparing my former coach (short), with the staff at Gallatin now; not even a comparison with Williams. Short often took less talented players and still won so the split with SC argument is baseless.  

Not every coach is capable of getting the most out of their players.  The staff there now has had a ton of talent, including the most recent Jordan Mason years—and still couldn’t win consistently. 

I think the Gallatin fans genuinely like Williams, and its not personal, he simply is not the right man for a program of that magnitude.  

Glad to see TC having a bit of success.  They were a mere afterthought during my time.  Scrimmages were a waste of time. 

GO BIG G!!

Edited by Reneg8d1
Misspelled words

11 hours ago, Reneg8d1 said:

Not sure it is coach bashing when comparing my former coach (short), with the staff at Gallatin now; not even a comparison with Williams. Short often took less talented players and still won so the split with SC argument is baseless.  

Not every coach is capable of getting the most out of their players.  The staff there now has had a ton of talent, including the most recent Jordan Mason years—and still couldn’t win consistently. 

I think the Gallatin fans genuinely like Williams, and its not personal, he simply is not the right man for a program of that magnitude.  

Glad to see TC having a bit of success.  They were a mere afterthought during my time.  Scrimmages were a waste of time. 

GO BIG G!!

Gallatin is not what it once was. While I think Gallatin is a good place for a coach to be and that it will one day get back to what it was (or close), I’m sure there are a lot of coaches that will stay away, given the current state. 

Gallatjn fans need to realize the program isn’t a dominate program right now and have realistic expectations as well. It takes a community to be successful. 

Interesting night of football for this region. All things considered all the games played out about expected.

Looks like Hillsboro has a pretty darn good team based on that score, but Lincoln County is dealing with a lot right now.  

Shelbyville has a great team this year, and now some great coach’s maximizing those kids with a good system. 

This one will be a fun game.

Proud of the Patriots and how they showed up and took care of business last night. They are focused and ready to try and make a run. Playing lights out in all phases of the game right now. 

Beech this year didn’t look like the typical program they are, but they’ve turned it on lately, and consistently perform well in the playoffs. They’ll be ready to give the Patriots a good game. 

Really looking forward to that one.