Cland welcomes the jackets

THE KING

5 minutes ago, pujo said:

Yeah that's sorta bad but you would just have to see it. No one in their right mind would move a game  unless it was absolutely necessary. Hate it for the team.

We saw Orr field our 7-8, 9-10s played on it in the playoffs it was really bad then more rain and more games played on it since then I could only imagine 

Just now, Devilsx4 said:

We saw Orr field our 7-8, 9-10s played on it in the playoffs it was really bad then more rain and more games played on it since then I could only imagine 

I've watched football on this field for 35 years, this was by far the worst I've ever saw.

Just now, Devilsx4 said:

Lack of care or just too many games played on it?

It just don't drain,the water just sits on top. Its like hard clay underneath. Don't have much of a crown either. They tried to redo it a few years back but I think they just stirred it up and spread it back out. My brother has a machine to fix it,come and showed it to um and they wouldn't do it. Would be a cheap fix  but whatever.

Just now, pujo said:

It just don't drain,the water just sits on top. Its like hard clay underneath. Don't have much of a crown either. They tried to redo it a few years back but I think they just stirred it up and spread it back out. My brother has a machine to fix it,come and showed it to um and they wouldn't do it. Would be a cheap fix  but whatever.

Ahhh ok I gotcha 

Just now, pujo said:

It would definitely fix it and you don't have to move a piece of sod. He's one of few people in this area who has this machine. Its actually pretty remarkable.

I always thought the Field and bleachers were subpar for the success CLand usually has suprised they dont take care of things like that I mean ontop of Roan sports have always been a big deal 

Just now, Devilsx4 said:

I always thought the Field and bleachers were subpar for the success CLand usually has suprised they dont take care of things like that I mean ontop of Roan sports have always been a big deal 

Its called a terra lift. If you have water that wont seep and you don.t want to disturb the area. Terralift is the deal. Also a lot cheaper than digging everything up and putting in drains.

Just now, Devilsx4 said:

Yeah just like for septic repairs right?

Yep,works great about anywhere. Several fields in this area needs it. Roan Mt just don't have money. Actually Carter Co don't have money and what they have goes to Elizabethton. Think Cloudland has the least on any. Just a poor community in a poor County