Wayne County @ Cornersville

cornerback10

8 hours ago, TheBigDawg said:

I will restate what I have already clearly said.  Any team that has to resort to assault to win belongs at home.  Now, did I say Wayne County?  I don't believe I did.  I was speaking in the general sense.  There are teams that make a habit of this type of play.  One bad apple in your bunch does not make your entire team dirty.  I thought your boys handled themselves well, but if you have a kid who is assaulting other kids after the play, that needs to be dealt with.  Interest in the sport at the high school level is dying.  The number of kids playing football is in decline.  Stuff like this is part of the cause.  Your argument of "sign your kid up for cheerleading or golf if you don't like physical sports" is a tired and false argument used by those who seek to justify unsportsmanlike behavior.  I said injuries happen.  I can accept kids getting hurt during play.  Assaults committed after the play have no place and should be disciplined.  Surely, no reasonable person thinks it is okay for a kid to go to work on another kid's body and break bones just to disable his opponent.  That is barbarism, not sportsmanship.  Would you be happier if every kid left on a stretcher?

I agree, the refs were terrible.  They called penalties where there were none and failed to call them when they should have.  Also, name calling never leads to useful conversation.  I am not an idiot.  I just have higher expectations when watching football.  I prefer a matchup of talent, not a string of ambulances.

I apologize if I misunderstood and I agree with some of the things you said. Coach Rice teaches toughness and playing until the whistle blows, but not after. If he sees any of that it will be dealt with harshly, I've seen him make the whole team run gassers after a game. As for the lack of interest, that falls on coaches and parents. WC averages around 60 players a year at a school that only averages around 300 kids. If you figure in that half are girls it's a pretty high percentage of the male students that play. All the young kids in waynesboro can't wait to get to high school and play for Rice and Crews

10 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

I apologize if I misunderstood and I agree with some of the things you said. Coach Rice teaches toughness and playing until the whistle blows, but not after. If he sees any of that it will be dealt with harshly, I've seen him make the whole team run gassers after a game. As for the lack of interest, that falls on coaches and parents. WC averages around 60 players a year at a school that only averages around 300 kids. If you figure in that half are girls it's a pretty high percentage of the male students that play. All the young kids in waynesboro can't wait to get to high school and play for Rice and Crews

Well said. What I was alluding to in an earlier post actually happened on the CV sideline after a tackle. Our player was down and the WC player was going to town on his leg. No penalty on the play, but I am sure that most everyone could see our player was upset for lack of a better term. Again, WC came to play and played hard. Only a few instances that were somewhat questionable, otherwise, a great football game.

3 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Well said. What I was alluding to in an earlier post actually happened on the CV sideline after a tackle. Our player was down and the WC player was going to town on his leg. No penalty on the play, but I am sure that most everyone could see our player was upset for lack of a better term. Again, WC came to play and played hard. Only a few instances that were somewhat questionable, otherwise, a great football game.

Sounds VERY familiar.....

Emotions get the best of everyone sometimes in the heat of the moment.  I agree there is no room for dirty play as it will usually come back to bite you but there is no call for bone headed players to yell out Yall suck 30 minutes after the game when you're standing there waiting on your kid.  Oh Well!  Good luck next week.

28 minutes ago, JMB54 said:

Emotions get the best of everyone sometimes in the heat of the moment.  I agree there is no room for dirty play as it will usually come back to bite you but there is no call for bone headed players to yell out Yall suck 30 minutes after the game when you're standing there waiting on your kid.  Oh Well!  Good luck next week.

Agreed. No call for a team to walk by the goal posts and everyone to spit on the pads either, but it happens.