Wayne County @ Cornersville

cornerback10

Hats off to WC. Folks on here said exactly what they would do and they did it. Tough bunch of young men that played hard all game. Needed it. Every parent and player I talked to after the game said the same. Had some players tell me that they actually thanked the WC players for giving them the tough game. Someone called them cupcakes...them WC boys ain't no cupcakes. If there was any black eye on the game it was in the last 30 seconds. Also talked to a player because I saw him making a breaking gesture with his hands and said one of the WC players after a tackle was trying to literally break his ankle.

1 minute ago, Cat84 said:

I’m the worst score predicter in the world Lol.  If Cville can throw the ball effectively I think y’all win.  Huntington will load the box to stop the run until y’all make em back up. Just my thoughts. 

Passing game for us looked good tonight. Wish we would have thrown just a tad more. Thanks for the insight.

Just now, Jobres76 said:

I don't think we passed as much as we have in other games. Cold may have played a part in it. QB made good decisions tonight for sure.

Henlee Mitchell played his best game yet IMO. Stats weren’t as good as last week, but made 2 game winning plays via the air (scramble to the left before the half and on the 4th and 12 in the second).

those were the 2 most important plays in the game minus the Trent Warren pick 6.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Henlee Mitchell played his best game yet IMO. Stats weren’t as good as last week, but made 2 game winning plays via the air (scramble to the left before the half and on the 4th and 12 in the second).

those were the 2 most important plays in the game minus the Trent Warren pick 6.

Agreed.

7 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

Thank god that is still going on. I was worried that this generation was too soft. 

I enjoy reading most of your posts, but I've got to disagree with this one.  This kind of stuff is what causes parents to keep great athletes out of football.  Injuries happen, but no one wants their kid to be assaulted while trying to play the game.  If a team can't win on talent and has to resort to this stuff, they deserve to be out of the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

I enjoy reading most of your posts, but I've got to disagree with this one.  This kind of stuff is what causes parents to keep great athletes out of football.  Injuries happen, but no one wants their kid to be assaulted while trying to play the game.  If a team can't win on talent and has to resort to this stuff, they deserve to be out of the playoffs.

I left last nights game proud of our boys and the way they turned their season around and what a great group of boys they have been and are. I get on here and hear some of y'all bashing the refs and saying WC boys played dirty, apparently you wasn't at the game, must have been to cold for you! I wasn't going to say anything negative but not going to listen to it either when the refs let late hits and holding go on from Cville every play. As for the word assaulted to even be mentioned is a joke, sign your kid up for cheerleading or golf if you don't like the physical sports! Mine was on the sidelines last night with a broken leg from playing a few weeks back but it wasn't from being assaulted, what an idiot you are

26 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

I left last nights game proud of our boys and the way they turned their season around and what a great group of boys they have been and are. I get on here and hear some of y'all bashing the refs and saying WC boys played dirty, apparently you wasn't at the game, must have been to cold for you! I wasn't going to say anything negative but not going to listen to it either when the refs let late hits and holding go on from Cville every play. As for the word assaulted to even be mentioned is a joke, sign your kid up for cheerleading or golf if you don't like the physical sports! Mine was on the sidelines last night with a broken leg from playing a few weeks back but it wasn't from being assaulted, what an idiot you are

I will restate what I have already clearly said.  Any team that has to resort to assault to win belongs at home.  Now, did I say Wayne County?  I don't believe I did.  I was speaking in the general sense.  There are teams that make a habit of this type of play.  One bad apple in your bunch does not make your entire team dirty.  I thought your boys handled themselves well, but if you have a kid who is assaulting other kids after the play, that needs to be dealt with.  Interest in the sport at the high school level is dying.  The number of kids playing football is in decline.  Stuff like this is part of the cause.  Your argument of "sign your kid up for cheerleading or golf if you don't like physical sports" is a tired and false argument used by those who seek to justify unsportsmanlike behavior.  I said injuries happen.  I can accept kids getting hurt during play.  Assaults committed after the play have no place and should be disciplined.  Surely, no reasonable person thinks it is okay for a kid to go to work on another kid's body and break bones just to disable his opponent.  That is barbarism, not sportsmanship.  Would you be happier if every kid left on a stretcher?

I agree, the refs were terrible.  They called penalties where there were none and failed to call them when they should have.  Also, name calling never leads to useful conversation.  I am not an idiot.  I just have higher expectations when watching football.  I prefer a matchup of talent, not a string of ambulances.

Edited by TheBigDawg
  • Like 2