Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

12 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

We lost 5 fumbles last night and still managed to put 49 points on the board. I'm don't believe we can do that again. There was a huge problem with the center QB exchange last night. Plus the fact that Douglas had 8-9 men in the box coming hard every play. That worked between the tackles but leaves the perimeter vulnerable. So that is where we attacked. I'm certain Fairley will be watching this film and be ready to take away both areas. But then there is always the QB read. This guy is good at making the right decision. Last night he cut up field several times when I thought he was going to pitch it to the tailback. He got positive yards and scored a couple of TDs by fooling the defense into playing for the pitchman. Of course when the defense played the QB he would pitch the ball and get what we could on the perimeter. Douglas seemed very committed to stopping our full back but he still ended up with 200 yards due to some long runs once he got past the stacked box. We have changed a couple of things in our offense but I ain't saying what those changes are. I feel like we will be able to compete this week if we can stop fumbling the dang ball. Just saying

Their DE's are strong and contained us good.  The outside linebackers can get to the perimeter quick and they do know how to tackle.  I think they will be coached up. I will be surprised if the  OLB's /DEs are not assigned to bird dog your QB, run throw or pitch all night.  

I really think if you can hold on to the ball and play UC ball by grinding them down you will win. BTW that is impressive about your FB.  I'm happy for him and hope he keeps it up. 

Union City’s problems sound like SPs this season. Fumbles galore. I like this matchup for Union City if they don’t fumble. Fairley will become very frustrated because I think they will have a hard time getting the ball if UC doesn’t give it to them. Fairley will get their athletes lose some and score, but how many chances will they get? If UC doesn’t fumble then they win. It’s that simple, but if they can’t hold on to the ball then Fairley could win going away. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Union City’s problems sound like SPs this season. Fumbles galore. I like this matchup for Union City if they don’t fumble. Fairley will become very frustrated because I think they will have a hard time getting the ball if UC doesn’t give it to them. Fairley will get their athletes lose some and score, but how many chances will they get? If UC doesn’t fumble then they win. It’s that simple, but if they can’t hold on to the ball then Fairley could win going away. 

How is UCs run defense? How good is UCs run game? Because both of those are Fairly strong points. Very strong. Well, Fairley's D is just stout all the way around. What doues UC bring to the table?

21 minutes ago, kwc said:

How is UCs run defense? How good is UCs run game? Because both of those are Fairly strong points. Very strong. Well, Fairley's D is just stout all the way around. What doues UC bring to the table?

If Union City doesn’t turn the ball over its very hard to stop them for less than 3-4 yards per carry. SP has faced them twice in Cookeville. We lost both games. We contained them very well, but when that veer option doesn’t fumble its very tough to get the ball. The option is just a different dynamic they bring to the table. Fairley will need to outscore them. 

21 minutes ago, kwc said:

UC is a hit or miss team. They are very good when they dont turn the ball over and very bad when they do. Run defense is ok but I think they are going to have a hard time with Fairleys running back. If they play UC football tgen it should be a good game. I think Fairley has a better chance passing the ball to be honest.

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

UC is a hit or miss team. They are very good when they dont turn the ball over and very bad when they do. Run defense is ok but I think they are going to have a hard time with Fairleys running back. If they play UC football tgen it should be a good game. I think Fairley has a better chance passing the ball to be honest.

They will have a hard time stopping Fairley. If Union City plays keep away and doesn’t turn it over they will have a shot though. 

Fairley had 3 offensive TD's the other night against Gibson County, and 3 defensive TD's which is irrelevant to what I'm about to say....

Fairley had good field position on 2 of those TD's they scored (their side of the field). Their offense is dangerous, but they had a lot of penalties in addition to 2 or 3 turnovers themselves... the RB is extremely quick and shifty, but if Union City sells out on the run, and not letting the inside WR get loose on a bubble pass, they will be fine. The RB likes to look like he's going to run it inside, but will then bounce it to the outside.

Fairley played a good clean game and was an impressive group of players. They also bring a loud band. Needless to say, this is an interesting match-up!

Edited by GCPioneer

22 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Fairley had 3 offensive TD's the other night against Gibson County, and 3 defensive TD's which is irrelevant to what I'm about to say....

Fairley had good field position on 2 of those TD's they scored (their side of the field). Their offense is dangerous, but they had a lot of penalties in addition to 2 or 3 turnovers themselves... the RB is extremely quick and shifty, but if Union City sells out on the run, and not letting the inside WR get loose on a bubble pass, they will be fine. The RB likes to look like he's going to run it inside, but will then bounce it to the outside.

Fairley played a good clean game and was an impressive group of players. They also bring a loud band. Needless to say, this is an interesting match-up!

Do you think Fairley will be able to pass against UC? I think UC pass defense is pretty weak.

6 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Do you think Fairley will be able to pass against UC? I think UC pass defense is pretty weak.

The bubble pass yes, the deep pass no... when they attempted to throw it deep, we intercepted it. When they threw the bubble, they were either called for holding which would bring the play back, or we stopped them at the line of scrimmage.

Edited by GCPioneer

15 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

The bubble pass yes, the deep pass no... when they attempted to throw it deep, we intercepted it. When they threw the bubble, they were either called for holding which would bring the play back, or we stopped them at the line of scrimmage.

So your saying they dont have a good passing game?