Union City vs Fairley Round 2

Bigsw02

38 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Being the only UC poster who has said anything on this thread, I'm going to keep a low key approach to this week. I believe we will be prepared for this game but I am concerned about the fumble bug. That has to go away for good. I feel like we will make a game of it and our guys won't be intimidated by the athletes that Fairley will bring to the field. They have faced very tough competition this year and with the exception of the Peabody game they have handled it well. I'm hoping for another shot at the Tide but that is another thread. I like what I am hearing so far from the R7 posters on here. The thing I am hoping for the most is that Fairley might not be ready for the live version of the veer. Coach Bowling is gonna have to be creative in his play calling to catch Fairley off guard. He usually has a trick or two up his sleeve for times like these. Just when you think you have planned for everything, he pulls out a way to get the ball down the field.

If union city doesn’t fumble and grinds them several drives they can win. 

I just wish this freaking rain would stop. Like everyone else, I feel we are in as much danger of beating ourselves with turnovers as of Fairley beating us. It seems that we have played an unusual number of games this year in rainy conditions, and the last few have been cold as well. I think that has played a role in our fumbles as well as our moving people around due to injuries. (Not to mention I am just tired of sitting in the wet cold, LOL). I don't know enough about Fairley to comment intelligently. I just know that we are as close to full strength as we can get finally and if we play our football we can stay on the field with anybody. Looking forward to a good game. Whitehaven is where I grew up. Unfortunately it is not the same place I grew up in. Won't be hanging around much reminiscing after the game. 

Edited by TennReb31

3 hours ago, ysoangry said:

Go UC, this is the time of year you get rolling. And not the ball rolling around the line of scrimmage. 

HaHa"knock on door" Swo sent us boy !!!! *silence* News at 9 story headliner,man discovered  by authorities with Purple and Gold cowbell found in rectum and 2 to the chest !!

Edited by PeabodyPride
  • Like 1