Trousdale heads to Watertown for some Revenge

tcjacket13

1 hour ago, biggest said:

? Tc fans in your opinion what is the best team ever come through tc. Imo its was the 97 team i believe!

I vote for Jim B's 1963 Team. There were no classifications back then. Most teams played a 10-game regular season, and if they did well enough, they got to go to a bowl game. The 63 team was undefeated, 11-0, scored 287 points (26.1 per game) and held its opponents to only 26 points (2.4 per game). This team was Jim B's second team as Head Coach and his first undefeated team. His first team as head coach only won 9 games. It was TC's first undefeated team since 1922 (41 years). 

1963 YJ Scores.jpg

3 minutes ago, oldfootballplayer said:

I vote for Jim B's 1963 Team. There were no classifications back then. Most teams played a 10-game regular season, and if they did well enough, they got to go to a bowl game. The 63 team was undefeated, 11-0, scored 287 points (26.1 per game) and held its opponents to only 26 points (2.4 per game). This team was Jim B's second team as Head Coach and his first undefeated team. His first team as head coach only won 9 games. It was TC's first undefeated team since 1922 (41 years). 

1963 YJ Scores.jpg

I was wondering about the teams from the 60s, had to be great, but without being able to see them play it's just hard to visualize 

1 minute ago, mousehead said:

I was wondering about the teams from the 60s, had to be great, but without being able to see them play it's just hard to visualize 

Thanks for your comment. Everything changed in 1962 when Jim B Satterfield became the head coach. His record for his first four years as head coach was 39-3-2. They had ties back then.

Sonny Moore ratings were updated today - see his 2A Top Ten below. 

41 PEABODY                                  11   1       88.96   122.01
46 TROUSDALE COUNTY               9   3       94.87   120.96
60 WATERTOWN                           12   0       85.98   117.88
71 MEIGS COUNTY                       12   0       88.12   116.31
91 WAVERLY                                    9   3       94.67   112.63
106 RIVERSIDE                              11   1       92.43   110.32
107 COLUMBIA ACADEMY            9   3       97.71   110.00
123 FAIRLEY                                    9   3       91.29   106.29
124 TYNER                                    10   2       95.73   106.08
137 LEWIS COUNTY                    10   2       90.64   104.10
161 EAGLEVILLE                            7   4       89.20      98.26

The next-to-the-last column is Sonny's rating for Strength of Schedule. Based on Sonny's ratings and a 2-point advantage for the Home Team, TC is a 1.08 point favorite. Of course, I am sure H20 has something to say about that. 

Imo one of the best, most complete backfields was on the 90 championship team...had Dewayne Harper and Michael Mungle at wing backs, and Brian Gregory at fullback. Turner at QB. Hard for teams to defend all that talent. Gregory and Harper went on to play at UT Martin. That 90 team was about as physical and mean as any team. Of course I'm a little partial ;)

58 minutes ago, biggest said:

On the 97 team i remember a big ole # 80 i can't remember his name

58 minutes ago, biggest said:

On the 97 team i remember a big ole # 80 i can't remember his name

That's Corey Timberlake. I think he's an assistant on the current staff.

It seemed like he started for about 6 years.

1 hour ago, TCnation said:

Imo one of the best, most complete backfields was on the 90 championship team...had Dewayne Harper and Michael Mungle at wing backs, and Brian Gregory at fullback. Turner at QB. Hard for teams to defend all that talent. Gregory and Harper went on to play at UT Martin. That 90 team was about as physical and mean as any team. Of course I'm a little partial ;)

What about that run by Mungle down the home sideline in the fourth against FRA? That team brought the program back to statewide prominence. However, they didn’t have the team 97 or 98 did. That’s neither hear nor there though. They deserve credit!

2 hours ago, oldfootballplayer said:

1963 YJ Scores.jpg

How bout that defense!?