3rd Round: THE Rematch - AC vs Greeneville

TomJoad

6 hours ago, DeeJay32 said:

Respectfully, there are roughly 100 pages of comments discussing the AC/Greeneville schedule comparison and the Ballard vs. Martin best QB argument.  I honestly do not think anyone could come up with any argument or comment on either side of these topics that hasn't already been said a dozen times across these threads.  But I'll summarize:

- both conferences that AC and Gville play in are not good

- Gville's out of conference schedule is tougher than AC

- all of AC opponents except Elizabethton have a losing record

- AC was more impressive against Elizabethton 

- Ballard only throws screens and short passes

- Martin has way more interceptions

- Ballard and Martin are great QB's and great kids

- neither Ballard nor Martin have played deep into the 4th quarter in a game

- Ballard has better rushing stats, but Martin could run if he wanted to but he is trying to stay healthy 

- AC would have won last year if Martin didnt get hurt

I might be leaving something out, but that is about the gist of the arguments that everyone on here is probably tired of hearing at this point.  

first 3 points are correct, now let me correct you on some of your points after those..atleast in my opinion.....

AC was more impressive agains elizabethton.......im calling this one a toss up....2 or three of betsys main guys got hurt early in the game including their qb....i'll come back to this in a second.....

-neither ballard or martin have played deep into the 4th qtr....they both played deep against betsy and ballard played deep against DB, well semi deep

Ballard only throws screens and short passes....omg, the next person that makes this assenine comment needs to be banned from watching football....sure, a big portion of greenevilles offense this season has been the screen, but why not....no one can stop it....ballard CAN and HAS thrown many many deep balls. Your comment here honestly just shows that you arent qualified to speak on ballards passing ability, but thats ok, we all have our opinion so you AND west point are entitled to yours.

-AC would have won last year if martin didnt get hurt.......someone hold me back here...lol.... ok, so either you're trolling here, or you're nuts.....could betsy say " if everett, grindstaff and the other starter whos name escapes me hadnt got hurt betsy would have beaten AC?....im sure you see my point on that one.

For the most part, your post is correct, but unless you want to sound like mavsinflight, you might want to refrain from posts like this one in the future....haha.

( ok, i now realize thanks to another poster that you are most likely pointing out all the things you've heard a dozen times or more as it pertains to ac vs greeneville, so my appology for this post. Sure i could have just deleted it, but then that wouldnt have been very fair now would it. People need to see  how sometimes a post can be misinterpreted , like i just did yours so again, my appologies bud.)

Edited by BVDevil
correction

6 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

first 3 points are correct, now let me correct you on some of your points after those..atleast in my opinion.....

AC was more impressive agains elizabethton.......im calling this one a toss up....2 or three of betsys main guys got hurt early in the game including their qb....i'll come back to this in a second.....

-neither ballard or martin have played deep into the 4th qtr....they both played deep against betsy and ballard played deep against DB, well semi deep

Ballard only throws screens and short passes....omg, the next person that makes this assenine comment needs to be banned from watching football....sure, a big portion of greenevilles offense this season has been the screen, but why not....no one can stop it....ballard CAN and HAS thrown many many deep balls. Your comment here honestly just shows that you arent qualified to speak on ballards passing ability, but thats ok, we all have our opinion so you AND west point are entitled to yours.

-AC would have won last year if martin didnt get hurt.......someone hold me back here...lol.... ok, so either you're trolling here, or you're nuts.....could betsy say " if everett, grindstaff and the other starter whos name escapes me hadnt got hurt betsy would have beaten AC?....im sure you see my point on that one.

For the most part, your post is correct, but unless you want to sound like mavsinflight, you might want to refrain from posts like this one in the future....haha.

I believe be was stating the things that keep being repeated over and over and over and over again.

for the unfortunate ones that wont be there, you can stream the game on rivalry thursday, but sadly, their stream has really sucked lately and even if it is good friday, you'll have the misfortune of having to listen to mark packer and austin price....good grief its a really stern test on your ears to listen to those two....well, atelast it is for me. Packer's a great dude and has done alot for kids and sports in the knox area, especially for a guy who is I THINK...from texas, dont quote me on that...and austin price is one of those dudes, if you've ever seen their shows on sunday, that just sits there with his smug arrogant look and appears to think he knows it all...so when i hear his voice now, i just want to punch something....primarily his always chubby red cheeks.....i imagine colorusso might be live streaming it on facebook again this week but if you're not an AC fan and maybe even if you are one, GOOD LUCK with that...my advice would be turn down the volume on the live stream and listen to feral cats fighting or effing because that sound and nails on a chalkboard i PROMISE you is ten times better than listening to the rosanne sounding "football mom" that was next to colorusso last week screaming and yelling the ENTIRE game, not to mention the couple of dudes in the background constantly giving their loud and annoying oppinion of every single penalty called during the game and whatever else they wanted to criticize someone for. And again, i ask you guys, why do people in the stands 50 yards away from the action think their son, nephew or boyfriend can hear their god awful annoying yelling over the sound of the game, the whistles and the team and coaches talking and yelling orders?? Those people need to be reminded that they are NOT the only people on earth and that the people sitting around them might actually NOT WANT THEIR FREAKIN OPINIONS OR PLAY BY PLAY screamed in their ears all night long........my public service message has concluded now, on with the games.

Just now, BVDevil said:

sorry man, if  you havent already done so, go back and look at my post again, i edited it at the bottom

Dude, it's gonna take WAY more than that to offend me.  No need to apologize.  I realized about 3 sentences into your post that my sarcasm/attempt at humor had failed! All good! We are on the same side of this street fight anyway- Go Devils

37 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

for the unfortunate ones that wont be there, you can stream the game on rivalry thursday, but sadly, their stream has really sucked lately and even if it is good friday, you'll have the misfortune of having to listen to mark packer and austin price....good grief its a really stern test on your ears to listen to those two....well, atelast it is for me. Packer's a great dude and has done alot for kids and sports in the knox area, especially for a guy who is I THINK...from texas, dont quote me on that...and austin price is one of those dudes, if you've ever seen their shows on sunday, that just sits there with his smug arrogant look and appears to think he knows it all...so when i hear his voice now, i just want to punch something....primarily his always chubby red cheeks.....i imagine colorusso might be live streaming it on facebook again this week but if you're not an AC fan and maybe even if you are one, GOOD LUCK with that...my advice would be turn down the volume on the live stream and listen to feral cats fighting or effing because that sound and nails on a chalkboard i PROMISE you is ten times better than listening to the rosanne sounding "football mom" that was next to colorusso last week screaming and yelling the ENTIRE game, not to mention the couple of dudes in the background constantly giving their loud and annoying oppinion of every single penalty called during the game and whatever else they wanted to criticize someone for. And again, i ask you guys, why do people in the stands 50 yards away from the action think their son, nephew or boyfriend can hear their god awful annoying yelling over the sound of the game, the whistles and the team and coaches talking and yelling orders?? Those people need to be reminded that they are NOT the only people on earth and that the people sitting around them might actually NOT WANT THEIR FREAKIN OPINIONS OR PLAY BY PLAY screamed in their ears all night long........my public service message has concluded now, on with the games.

Lol, you mean Mark pecker & austin priss?:flower::roflolk:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Footballfan6301 said:

Let's be honest... Stanton Martin is a liability... his 4 picks cost them the game last year, hes no hero, hes an average QB outside of that weak conference 

Not sure what is worse.Making a screen name to throw off on a young man that is a fine QB or being the other  dipshet that actually liked it.I'd call it a toss-up

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Thanks 1