South Greene @ Meigs County - Quarterfinals

MarsBlackmon

8 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

Like I said earlier in one of my post on the Oneida & SG thread. The moment you count out SG they tend to throw wrench in the mix.  Any team that has made it to the 3rd round is a pretty darn good football team. Stratford who was terrible is the regular season upset Pearl Cohn tonight, so anything can happen when you get this far in the playoffs.  SG has been playing good football at the right time-when it counts.... SG is a tough physical football team and they do not quit.  We all know Meigs County is the team to beat in this classification and much respect to you guys, but I wouldn't turn my back on SG and count them out!  If it happen to Pearl Cohn it can happen to Meigs County.  Score prediction to come later in the week. Have a great weekend and Go VOLS!

It’s about a year too late to warn Meigs County about third round upsets. If SG wins Friday it’ll be because they’re better. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoWarriors said:

Pretty sure someone on here said they were not a physical team and would throw it around 15 times.

Yes sir you did. They tried physical but didn't work out. Even traditional plays weren'tfinding a lot of success. The trick plays forced us to change and then they'd go triple option, as soon as we'd shut that down video game time again. I certainly don't mean to sound demeaning at all. I mean to give credit where it's due. They were both willing to chance it and able to execute it. In my opinion that was their only real option to win and they took full advantage of it. Hats off, the guts that takes and the execution to pull of those type plays with consistency is impressive. 

Bitter,bitter,bitter. Crow, you must not watch much high school football. There is a team up the interstate from you that ran a trick play every game. That would be Meadows when he was at Maryville. He did it often in state championship games. Oneida must not have watched enough film, SG fan option all year. The coaches just made an adjustment at half time to run a different set against your defense, which was a great defense. Your coach does well on that side of the ball. Yes, you were demeaning with that quote, but thats ok, win, lose, or draw, SG is in quarters, and your team is at home.

16 minutes ago, etsubucs said:

Bitter,bitter,bitter. Crow, you must not watch much high school football. There is a team up the interstate from you that ran a trick play every game. That would be Meadows when he was at Maryville. He did it often in state championship games. Oneida must not have watched enough film, SG fan option all year. The coaches just made an adjustment at half time to run a different set against your defense, which was a great defense. Your coach does well on that side of the ball. Yes, you were demeaning with that quote, but thats ok, win, lose, or draw, SG is in quarters, and your team is at home.

No sir, not demeaning at all. If they had lined up and played the entire game like the first 20 minutes of the first half then I do not think they would have won. The ability and willingness to do what they did is impressive. You're comments are just meant to stir the pot. I've not made a single post degrading or demeaning the SG win. They earned it. Im certainly not bitter, you sound like you've got a chip on your shoulder. Tell me oh great football mind, if SG didn't open up the play book and do what they did do you think they win last night? Of course not. They did what they needed to do and it worked. I've already posted we got out schemed, try reading the whole topic for a change. As for me not watching much football, lol ok if you say so. 

Edited by crow

18 minutes ago, etsubucs said:

And congrats on what I am told is the first trip to the quarters for a Greene County team (yes I know Greeneville is in Greene county, you know what I mean). 

Edited by crow

If you all read my posts weeks ago you'll remember I said "our loss at SG was unlike anything I'd seen".

Playing a team and coaches we had beaten forever and we were up 22-0, then BOOM! It was overtime and we lose the regional championship. We lost our mike early but not so sure it would've mattered...I think Scotty is practicing witch craft there! LOL...S North, Chuck-Doak, all blow big leads at SG....Then SG goes to HV and gets destroyed...HV, a team we handled earlier in the season. 

SMH

4 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

If you all read my posts weeks ago you'll remember I said "our loss at SG was unlike anything I'd seen".

Playing a team and coaches we had beaten forever and we were up 22-0, then BOOM! It was overtime and we lose the regional championship. We lost our mike early but not so sure it would've mattered...I think Scotty is practicing witch craft there! LOL...S North, Chuck-Doak, all blow big leads at SG....Then SG goes to HV and gets destroyed...HV, a team we handled earlier in the season. 

SMH

Wierd game,this thing called football!

5 minutes ago, etsubucs said:

Crow, you are correct, if SG kept to what they were doin in first half, they would have been beat, they did open the play book, no chip, and not stirrin pot, just thought the video game comment about the trick play was uncalled for, not upset or anything. Just didnt like that comment.

Crow is good people. He's not a negative person and ive not seen him say demeaning things about any team. Think you took his comment as an insult when he meant it as a compliment actually. He meant that what you all were achieving was unrealistic. that you see stuff like that normally in a video game where only things like that can happen consistently. Anyhow thats how I read what he said.

• Thanks 1