CROCKETT @ KNOX CENTRAL QUARTER FINALS

jeffery6

I'm not saying that Central will trash Crockett or vice-versa, BUT.....

Every week of the playoffs, the "pucker-factor" increase a little bit more.  Seeing that Crockett has never made it this far, and it's becoming a "habit" for Central to advance each week in the post-season, I would say that post-season experience will benefit Central greatly in this game.  I know Rosser is a great person and coach, and he will have his team ready.  The coach at Crockett, while new and young.....I hope you guys hang on to him and this matchup becomes a yearly thing in the playoffs.

Either way, best of luck to both teams and safe travels to Crockett Nation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, catsfever said:

I'm not saying that Central will trash Crockett or vice-versa, BUT.....

Every week of the playoffs, the "pucker-factor" increase a little bit more.  Seeing that Crockett has never made it this far, and it's becoming a "habit" for Central to advance each week in the post-season, I would say that post-season experience will benefit Central greatly in this game.  I know Rosser is a great person and coach, and he will have his team ready.  The coach at Crockett, while new and young.....I hope you guys hang on to him and this matchup becomes a yearly thing in the playoffs.

Either way, best of luck to both teams and safe travels to Crockett Nation.

Thanks 

15 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

IMO, Number 9 for Crockett is what makes their team go. He’s a force at LB, in on almost every play. He also plays TE/H back for them and the run game goes behind him. He’s a smart player, probably won them the Halls Game with all the stops he made.

He’s a great kid and make proven leader this year. 

24 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

He’s a great kid and make proven leader this year. 

Thankfully we have guys like that also. I think the Crockett fans will be quite surprised of a couple players we have come Friday night, one particularly comes to mind. Should be a great game come Friday.

Edited by chsbobcat09

On 11/12/2018 at 6:04 PM, hohmaster said:

I disagree with you based on these reasons: 
1)  If they didn't alternate home games each year starting in round 3, then teams like Maryville and Alcoa would have the best record and would host home games every year through the first 4 rounds.
2)  If it's solely based on teams with the best record, then teams who built that good record in a weak Region and a weak non-conference schedule would unfairly be deemed the best team.  Also, see #1.
3)  If it's based on most offensive points, then teams capable of scoring 70 or more points would do it and leave their first teamers in the whole game, rather than subbing when they get to the mercy rule, or a 30-40 point lead.

The way I see it, teams like Alcoa, Greeneville, Maryville, have earned the right to play at home. If you want home field advantage go out and beat them, they earned it. I fill that rights, right . and wrongs, wrong. The way that its set up right now is wrong.

• Like 1

Good morning all.  First time poster.  Being an outsider from southwest Virginia, I think the TSSAA playoff system as far as how brackets are established are perfect.  Districts or regions as I believe Tennessee refers to them are perfect in that all teams in the region are in the same class whereas in Virginia, for example, our district has all 2A teams except one who is 3A (who coincidentally won our district this year and folks are complaining).  The only thing I would consider changing to the TSSAA system is using a power points scale like Virginia uses that determines the home field advantage in playoff matchups.  

Now back to this game in particular.  Hoping for a Crockett win.  What this team has been able to do this year is nothing short of remarkable.  They're no doubt the feel good story of the year in the tri cities area. I would love to try to make this game myself, but leaving work at 5 p.m. may make it difficult to reach by kickoff.

Good luck to both teams and safe travels to the Pioneer fans.

27 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Good morning all.  First time poster.  Being an outsider from southwest Virginia, I think the TSSAA playoff system as far as how brackets are established are perfect.  Districts or regions as I believe Tennessee refers to them are perfect in that all teams in the region are in the same class whereas in Virginia, for example, our district has all 2A teams except one who is 3A (who coincidentally won our district this year and folks are complaining).  The only thing I would consider changing to the TSSAA system is using a power points scale like Virginia uses that determines the home field advantage in playoff matchups.  

Now back to this game in particular.  Hoping for a Crockett win.  What this team has been able to do this year is nothing short of remarkable.  They're no doubt the feel good story of the year in the tri cities area. I would love to try to make this game myself, but leaving work at 5 p.m. may make it difficult to reach by kickoff.

Great post

34 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

VA and NC classifications baffle me. How far into VA are you. We have a couple of border schools that are TSSAA members. Come on in, the water's fine.

hqdefault.jpg