CROCKETT @ KNOX CENTRAL QUARTER FINALS

jeffery6

3 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I’m giving Crockett a chance and I’m a Central fan all day long. Look I’ve seen Crockett play and while they don’t have very much depth, they have athletes. The RB is a great combo back, good size and speed. The one WR is like 6’4, not very fast but good hands. QB has a big arm. They have a good football team. We will prepare for them and hopefully we come away with another W. It won’t be easy though, at least I don’t think it will be.

I’d “LIKE” to see Crockett win. They’ve been through the ringer and have never really been successful. Central should win this game but I’d like to see crockett do as well as possible in the playoffs just like South greene this year. Good luck to your guys bobcat. 

2 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

I’d “LIKE” to see Crockett win. They’ve been through the ringer and have never really been successful. Central should win this game but I’d like to see crockett do as well as possible in the playoffs just like South greene this year. Good luck to your guys bobcat. 

Fair enough Devilman, I see a gold ball in your Devils future. Hopefully my Bobcats,along with a couple former Devils on our staff, can win one also.

2 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Fair enough Devilman, I see a gold ball in your Devils future. Hopefully my Bobcats,along with a couple former Devils on our staff, can win one also.

All the best to the bobcats and if you win I’m happy for you guys. I’d just like to see Crockett go very far. 

If I’m not mistaken you have Nick Craney & Terrell Rollins on staff. Both state champions at Greeneville and Rollins being a former Mr.Football himself! 

On 11/10/2018 at 9:01 AM, jeffery6 said:

Good luck to both sides next week, just got past the Tn high vikings last night, now on to Knox Central. The way I see it, we are already winners this year. First ever play off games at home, undefeated regular season, First year coach. I hope we can keep this rolling good job Pioneers on an outstanding season so far, lets keep this thing going. Don't really understand why this one is an away game, with the records and standings, can some one explain this.

Not sure if anyone answered completely Jeffery6---but here is how it is decided in the second and third rounds. First---seeding. The second round will never have two #1s, 2 #2s, 2#3s, or 2 #4seeds playing. So the higher seed gets the home game. However---round 3 COULD (and often does) see two teams seeded the same. When this happens, the next step is to use the 4th round process and odd numbered host in odd years and even in even years. 

While Central is 10-2 and David Crockett is 12-0, they are both #1 seeds as they were both Region champs. Record plays no role at all in these anymore. Central won region 2 and David Crockett won region 1. It's 2018--so the #1 seed that hosts will default ro region 2. The only way that Crockett would've gotten this game at home would've been if any team other than Central advanced. Sorry. 

To make matters worse for Crockett---there is no scenario where they get another home game. Regardless of who wins in Quad 2 (Oak Ridge or Catholic), that 4th round game (should Crockett beat Central) will be played at either Catholic or at Oak Ridge. Ironically (perhaps), if the 4th round was done like round 2 (and sometimes round 3)--the game would have been played at either Central or Crockett because both Oak Ridge and Catholic came in as #2 seeds.

Folks, asking for prayers for my wife who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's by the Summit Clinic last Tuesday. She's not yet 50. We've got a tough road ahead! I bring it up for this reason. All of us that get on here and post do it because we have a passion for the sport and a team. I watched our games with Gibbs and then Cocke Co. on Diamond Clear Media, and I'm very grateful to them for being able to do that. But I was able to attend the Daniel Boone game last Friday night and was a little hurt by the turn out. Boone brought a good crowd, and while we had more fans, I doubt the stands were over half full. Yes it rained right up to game time, but the local folks could have come on once the rain stopped. All this being said, these kids have shown up everyday at practices and games for months. The least us fans can do is show up for a night both teams will remember forever. These are two very good ball teams. Let's pack the place!

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Folks, asking for prayers for my wife who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's by the Summit Clinic last Tuesday. She's not yet 50. We've got a tough road ahead! I bring it up for this reason. All of us that get on here and post do it because we have a passion for the sport and a team. I watched our games with Gibbs and then Cocke Co. on Diamond Clear Media, and I'm very grateful to them for being able to do that. But I was able to attend the Daniel Boone game last Friday night and was a little hurt by the turn out. Boone brought a good crowd, and while we had more fans, I doubt the stands were over half full. Yes it rained right up to game time, but the local folks could have come on once the rain stopped. All this being said, these kids have shown up everyday at practices and games for months. The least us fans can do is show up for a night both teams will remember forever. These are two very good ball teams. Let's pack the place!

Will be praying for her bud. I know I’m going if it’s 2 feet of snow I will find a way lol

14 hours ago, jeffery6 said:

What is going to hurt Crockett is the home field advantage that they deserve, but dont have. The 12th man really comes in use at these kind of games. I think in should be played in at least  a nuetral field. Our boys worked there tail off for that home field advantage, and the way the rules are suck.

I agree, the rules on that are not good. Crockett should have home field. But if they bring a good crowd and Central brings the same crowd as last week than Crockett will feel like they are at home because it was sad the amount of fans that came to support the Bobcats against Boone. But also with seeing how Crockett's field conditions were and how much players were slipping all over the field last week, both teams should be happy to play at Central. 

10 minutes ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

I agree, the rules on that are not good. Crockett should have home field. But if they bring a good crowd and Central brings the same crowd as last week than Crockett will feel like they are at home because it was sad the amount of fans that came to support the Bobcats against Boone. But also with seeing how Crockett's field conditions were and how much players were slipping all over the field last week, both teams should be happy to play at Central. 

Crockett will bring plenty of fans we travel very well. Crockett even had a tarp on half of the field.