CROCKETT @ KNOX CENTRAL QUARTER FINALS

jeffery6

Crockett does have a handful of athletes, but not near as many as Central. They have not seen the speed or athleticism that the Bobats have all season, and that's why I believe Region 1 teams struggle once they see a team full of speed. But what I think this game is really gonna come down to is that Central will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Expect their Dline to be in the back field all night and the Central run game to mash them as they please. If Crockett can give that Qb time to throw then that dramatically changes the game, but I just don't see it happening. 

6 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

No your completely missing my point. Of course we’d crush TSD. All I’m saying is every team has good players, some have great players. So far the teams we’ve played in the playoffs both have had a couple of great players. Fortunately for our sake, Central has MULTIPLE great players and many good players. And not to mention probably the best staff around coaching them. But no team in the playoffs, especially Rd 3 needs to be taken likely is all I’m saying. I’m curious to see how we do in practice this week in preparation for this game.

Not as much from you but the rest of the Central faithful, we might as well stay in Jonesborough. But whats new, we have played the underdog for over half the season. Yeah we only dress around 38 kids, and we have a coaching staff thats only been together 7 months, o and the head coach and offensive cor. Ages dont add up to but 46 years. 

It will be an Honor to watch our young men take the feild, in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Something that No one thought possible, Our Conference Champs, that No one though possible, undefeated regular season, that No one though possible. Iam Pulling for a bunch of young men who have been thru so much, if ya dont know the story of last year, have someone tell you just what these kids went thru.

Good Luck Pioneers, Praying for both teams to be injury free as well. Safe travels Pioneers

5 hours ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Crockett does have a handful of athletes, but not near as many as Central. They have not seen the speed or athleticism that the Bobats have all season, and that's why I believe Region 1 teams struggle once they see a team full of speed. But what I think this game is really gonna come down to is that Central will dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Expect their Dline to be in the back field all night and the Central run game to mash them as they please. If Crockett can give that Qb time to throw then that dramatically changes the game, but I just don't see it happening. 

What is going to hurt Crockett is the home field advantage that they deserve, but dont have. The 12th man really comes in use at these kind of games. I think in should be played in at least  a nuetral field. Our boys worked there tail off for that home field advantage, and the way the rules are suck.

Edited by jeffery6

1 hour ago, jeffery6 said:

What is going to hurt Crockett is the home field advantage that they deserve, but dont have. The 12th man really comes in use at these kind of games. I think in should be played in at least  a nuetral field. Our boys worked there tail off for that home field advantage, and the way the rules are suck.

Crockett fans will turn out. I’ve seen many times when we are the away team we out numbered the home team. I doubt we will this time but I expect a huge number going down.

For Crockett to win your QB will have to unload the ball within 2 seconds.   If he holds it longer than that then he will be throwing on the run.    I would recommend those quick slants that you used to defeat Boone a few weeks ago, those were very well executed and hard to stop.      Defensively Crockett is going to have to take some chances with LB/Safety/Corner/Whatever blitzes from time to time.    And you must make the TACKLE, do not play like Boone and try arm tackling, wrap up and take to the turf.     Central is big and strong but also has speed to burn.   The only penalties the Bobcats got last week were on special teams or after an interception.

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

For Crockett to win your QB will have to unload the ball within 2 seconds.   If he holds it longer than that then he will be throwing on the run.    I would recommend those quick slants that you used to defeat Boone a few weeks ago, those were very well executed and hard to stop.      Defensively Crockett is going to have to take some chances with LB/Safety/Corner/Whatever blitzes from time to time.    And you must make the TACKLE, do not play like Boone and try arm tackling, wrap up and take to the turf.     Central is big and strong but also has speed to burn.   The only penalties the Bobcats got last week were on special teams or after an interception.

Crockett will be prepared. Everyone except Crockett people not giving Crockett a chance. When no one gives us any chance that’s when we play better.

I’m giving Crockett a chance and I’m a Central fan all day long. Look I’ve seen Crockett play and while they don’t have very much depth, they have athletes. The RB is a great combo back, good size and speed. The one WR is like 6’4, not very fast but good hands. QB has a big arm. They have a good football team. We will prepare for them and hopefully we come away with another W. It won’t be easy though, at least I don’t think it will be.