Covington vs Milan

bglass

Congrats to my Chargers. Milan decided early on that they were going to have to throw the ball, because Covington was stifling the run. They did throw with some success, but Covington intercepted 3 passes to shut down 3 scoring threats, and then broke up another 4th down throw into the end zone. Covington defense with the shutout.

Milan played much better defense than in the first game. It was 8-0 at the half, and Milan played tough D until late in the game. I think we finally wore them down. I will give props to their defense though. They were determined not to let Marcus Hayes run for 300 yards this game, and they did hold him down below that total. I'll be interested to see the stats on this one.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:30 PM, BCsportsfan said:

You give BPM $100 & I'll paypal BPM $100 to hold. I'll bet you that he did not live in Knoxville. I know where Austin's parents and grandparents live/lived while he was at Alcoa. For years his Grandmother did all my home and car loans. I know the family well. So, Put the money big boy! 

TDS is right. Out of region students pay tuition in alcoa. Gotta face it. Just more talent in east tennessee.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:53 PM, Throwdeslant said:

Believe what you like brother. His family lived in Blount County. I sat with them during Austin’s time at Alcoa. Had his family moved to Knoxville, he would have paid tuition to attend. Just like all the other 99.9% of open zone high schools in the state of TN...

IMO...any school that can get players from out their zone lines and especially out of their county should have to go D2...they become just like privates....recruit and pay "tuition"....I suspect their "tuition" is based on their 40 yd dash times....

Edited by cofo

8 minutes ago, cofo said:

IMO...any school that can get players from out their zone lines and especially out of their county should have to go D2...they become just like privates....recruit and pay "tuition"....I suspect their "tuition" is based on their 40 yd dash times....

Just like Milan! :thumb: And you are wrong about the qb. Do some research before you just buy into someone selling nonsense. :lol: 

Edited by Throwdeslant

1 hour ago, cofo said:

Wait, so all public schools are allowed to do this?