How long since a Tri-cities team got past round 3?

blazer1set

How long has it been since a Tri-cities team got past round 3?
In this context, Tri-cities means Bristol, Johnson City, Kingsport, i.e., schools in Washington and Sullivan counties.

Sullivan: DB, East, Central, North, South, Tennessee High
Washington: Boone, Crockett, Science Hill

Will Crockett make it and be the first in X number of years?   DB got to round 4 in 2002, just wondering if that is the last time it happened.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, blazer1set said:

How long has it been since a Tri-cities team got past round 3?
In this context, Tri-cities means Bristol, Johnson City, Kingsport, i.e., schools in Washington and Sullivan counties.

Sullivan: DB, East, Central, North, South, Tennessee High
Washington: Boone, Crockett, Science Hill

Will Crockett make it and be the first in X number of years?   DB got to round 4 in 2002, just wondering if that is the last time it happened.

Crockett is going to be handled fairly easily by Central.  Central just has too much talent and Knoxville area teams learned long ago that they had to also play pass defense if they wanted to compete.  The DC defense is good so the score might not get too out of hand, but Crocket has zero chance.

When most of the state's top teams are in Region 2, especially the top 5A and 6A teams, and that's our opponents for the first three rounds, it's tough to get past them.  Typically, the team that wins the third round game against a Tri-Cities team is the one that goes on to play for and win state.

It's slightly outside the area you mentioned, but Elizabethton made it to the 4th round in 2009, 2010, and 2012, finishing 3rd.  Greeneville's dominance is common knowledge.

46 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Crockett is going to be handled fairly easily by Central.  Central just has too much talent and Knoxville area teams learned long ago that they had to also play pass defense if they wanted to compete.  The DC defense is good so the score might not get too out of hand, but Crocket has zero chance.

When most of the state's top teams are in Region 2, especially the top 5A and 6A teams, and that's our opponents for the first three rounds, it's tough to get past them.  Typically, the team that wins the third round game against a Tri-Cities team is the one that goes on to play for and win state.

It's slightly outside the area you mentioned, but Elizabethton made it to the 4th round in 2009, 2010, and 2012, finishing 3rd.  Greeneville's dominance is common knowledge.

If Crockett had zero chance, I doubt they’d be 12-0. Yet again idc who ya play that’s tough to do. People can get on here and make any preconditions they want, but I’ll assure you NO ONE in our program is taking Davy Crockett lightly. We will come ready for a challenge come Friday night.

3 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Lol zero chance 

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

My definition of Tri Cities, if you've got a tv with an antenna and you turn it on and see at least one of the following stations (WJHL, WCYB, WKPT), then you live in the Tri Cities. That Yosemite Sam definition was wacky.

My definition was meant to exclude Greeneville and Elizabethton because we already know about their post-season runs.     But you know there seem to be more definitions of "tri-cities" than you can shake a stick at

6 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

My definition of Tri Cities, if you've got a tv with an antenna and you turn it on and see at least one of the following stations (WJHL, WCYB, WKPT), then you live in the Tri Cities. That Yosemite Sam definition was wacky.

If you want to pick and choose, you can draw a straight line from the three cities { triangle } and every school not in it would be out of the tricities.Meaning Crockett is out as well.I guess they can be in the Greene county area.After all,David Crockett was born in Greene county about 9 or 10 miles away from the high school:thumb:

37 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

If you want to pick and choose, you can draw a straight line from the three cities { triangle } and every school not in it would be out of the tricities.Meaning Crockett is out as well.I guess they can be in the Greene county area.After all,David Crockett was born in Greene county about 9 or 10 miles away from the high school:thumb:

Crockett is in the Tri Cities area