Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

14 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Also, I’m sure you know this, you may be a Dr and not a meteorologist but usually in the 5 day forecast here in TN it’s always wrong. The forecast normally is a day off, so I’m betting the rain hits Thursday or Saturday, more than likely Thursday. I know for everyone’s sake, hopefully it doesn’t rain during the game

I am not a real Doctor, but I did sleep at an Holiday Inn Express Last Night!

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

Nobody “knows for sure” how good Waverly’s Defense is. I’d say Waverly has played tougher opponents than Peabody has. Yes Peabody has dominated Defensively but their SOS is 42nd in state. Waverly’s is 2nd. That does make a difference whether you admit it or not. Waverly has faced defensively a lot of adversity and has been down 3 scores or more. What I’m saying is Waverly has been in those bad situations multiple times. Will Peabody’s players react in a positive way? Or will being in a dog fight against an offense that can score multiple times and possibly be up multiple scores affect their mental? Who knows? They haven’t been in that situation have they? Also I’m quite certain Peabody has not faced the high caliber type threat of offense and athletes that Waverly has. Could cause a problem for them being in that type situation mentally.

Another great post Trollin!

GET EM!!

23 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Tez is more than just a big back. For the longest I thought he would have so much hype surrounding him but Stanfield and Dixon have stolen the spotlight. Tez is hard to tackle and can be shifty in space. He is a lot faster than what he appears. He has multiple KO returns, though unfortunately some have been called back. He has struggled with some injuries through out his career but he is no Derrick Henry. He is more dynamic than that. Can be a receiver as well. 

Gold Dr I respect Peabody and you guys as fans, were all excited for our programs and are attempting to reach the same goal. A state championship. Waverly is more than capable of scoring high points against anyone, yes even your Peabody D. Like Redneck Tiger was saying earlier, our Coach has been smart and conservative to control the pace of our defense on the field. When we need to we can make explosive plays and score quickly. Against Riverside we were down 6-7 and with 1:40 left on the clock we scored 2 quick TDS. Ask Fairview Huntingdon and Davidson Academy how quick we can score. Peabody is not unbeatable and their D can be scored on multiple times. Hence the 44 points per game avg. You shall see my friend. 

I cant wait. But slowing the game down for Defense is a farce.  I have never heard of such thing.  Why don't u give CA a little Credit.  Maybe I can't phantom that. It can happen.  I can see that your Offense is coached by a brilliant Offensive mind.  In the latter days of the playoffs, Defense wins.  I have not said a thing about our offense.  I will let it speak for itself.  YOu scored 42 against Huntingdon but they scored 62. You guys have given up 62 points twice this year. In the Huntingdon game you guys were down 3 scores or more.  With that said, no of that even matters at this point.  We are just passionate fans with wishful feelings.  

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I wouldnt say better than DA. Have you seen DA? Have yall played against DA? So I wouldnt go that far. But yes the Tides defense is very very good.

DA defense has let up 20+ points in the majority of their game, including letting up over 50 to y’all. I wouldn’t say their defense is anything to be amazed by

37 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Here in R7 we respect all opponents.  I know u guys have a big back, So does the Titans in Travis Henry.  Those backs can be of no use when their is a swarm of bees on him.  You guys are really good, that's for sure, but if you take close notice, you will see that we are more than capable of slowing you down.  I believe CA exposed some of yalls weakness. We have some weaknesses too and I feel both teams may exploit the other.  But there is one thing I know, you won't put up those huge numbers that you are used to. Just you wait and seee

Hey doc you know we cool and all right? 

CA didnt expose anything. We kept it simple and did what we had to do to win. If you notice in both of those games and it was crunch time we spread the field and got what we needed. 

1 minute ago, BulldawgsRise said:

DA defense has let up 20+ points in the majority of their game, including letting up over 50 to y’all. I wouldn’t say their defense is anything to be amazed by

Yes I know that but Peabody hasnt played the teams that DA has. We played them and I have seen Peabody. I think I have a little more insite on the defense than most. 

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

Hey doc you know we cool and all right? 

CA didnt expose anything. We kept it simple and did what we had to do to win. If you notice in both of those games and it was crunch time we spread the field and got what we needed. 

I did notice that my friend.  But why ?  CA fumbled on a drive that would have given them the lead late in the game.  Why would u put it in cruise control in the playoffs.  I dont see any major weaknesses in Wavo.  They are a complete teams.  You and I said it will be a shoot out.  But to be honest man.  We dont wont a shootout.  

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

I cant wait. But slowing the game down for Defense is a farce.  I have never heard of such thing.  Why don't u give CA a little Credit.  Maybe I can't phantom that. It can happen.  I can see that your Offense is coached by a brilliant Offensive mind.  In the latter days of the playoffs, Defense wins.  I have not said a thing about our offense.  I will let it speak for itself.  YOu scored 42 against Huntingdon but they scored 62. You guys have given up 62 points twice this year. In the Huntingdon game you guys were down 3 scores or more.  With that said, no of that even matters at this point.  We are just passionate fans with wishful feelings.  

Well when you score fast your on defense ALOT especially when teams try to burn the clock out. We would score fast and a lot but our defense was on the field majority of the night. And when I say score fast... I mean like 1-4 plays of offense. That’s it. It wears a D down when your on the field all night. So yes, I don’t expect you to understand that but Wavo faithful know. 

Peabody’s defense is slightly better than ours. We shut Waverly out in the second half, but let them move almost at will in the first. If Peabody comes out early on defense and hits Waverly in the mouth then Peabody will win this. Also watch out for Waverly on 4th down. Converted like 4 or 5 4th downs, including scoring on one that was like 20ish yards I believe? If Waverly strikes early and goes up around 14ish I think that will give them enough momentum to last the game, but if they don’t come out firing in the second half like they did against us Peabody will get them.