Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

Okay forget about SOS.  R7 is like the SEC of 2A football and it showed tonight. The weather affected both teams.  I agree with VF, you guys got away from the run, but really guys, Our run defense was the difference in the game.  We only gave up 2 offensive TD to a very high powered offense who has been averaging 44 points per game.  WE were more physical.  Stronger and just as fast.  We mixed it up very well but the run game was unstoppable tonight. Our line blocked well.  Dickson and Baugus, Halbrook, Hammonds and the rest did their thing tonight. Dickson was an absolute beast.  Waverly is a spread team.  Hey Waverly, I don't think anyone ever stopped you guys on the 2 yard line with 1st a goal to go this year.  Then what!  We give up a cheap fumble TD right before half.  It is a shame that anyone had to lose.  Those guys and the Wavo fans were a class act and I wish them nothing but the best. That 37 and QB and 45 are beast.  I really believe the better team won tonight based on the eye test.   Now on to Cookville to face a good Trousdale County team.  At this point we are the favorites.  You really can't judge a team until they play each other.  On paper Waverly had better stats, a what was perceived to be a better schedule.  I said earlier that we could beat everyone on their schedule and maybe even Huntingdon, but that would be a low scoring battle.  I also predicted that it would take over 30 points to beat Peabody.  Our coaching staff is special.  Win or lose thes are the hardest working guys in football and they deserve a lot of credit for being good role models and good coaches for our kids. 

3 minutes ago, Safesquezze said:

Great game Peabody coaches were the difference made great adjustments at halftime and Waverly never made any adjustments in 2nd half. Waverly always seems to get outcoached in the big games though. Good luck Peabody win that gold

Its not fair that you guys are blaming the coach.  All week long we have being hearing how good of a coach this guy is.  Peabody made adjustments but most of what I saw was just holding on to the football and keep playing with heart.  I heard that the halftime speech from Jacobs was cool, calm and collective.  The reason Peabody won is because they wer the better team.  We shut u guys down

1 minute ago, PHSRollTide said:

I was hoping they would miss one PAT lol. But I had a feeling that would be the score. off the T, I was saying 35-21 lol.

In all honesty.  We were just better on Defense and we were more physical.  That is what R7 prepares you for.  Great game plan on O and D.  Our defense is special

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Its not fair that you guys are blaming the coach.  All week long we have being hearing how good of a coach this guy is.  Peabody made adjustments but most of what I saw was just holding on to the football and keep playing with heart.  I heard that the halftime speech from Jacobs was cool, calm and collective.  The reason Peabody won is because they wer the better team.  We shut u guys down

But thx for the good luck shot out.  B safe