Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

3 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I guess I’m not in that loop.  It didn’t seem like it effected them.  Jd Dixon has hands like magnets lol 

Someone actually put it in a thread today.  He seems to jog while waiting on the ball.  He burned Parks anytime he wanted to.  But Parks has had a good year.

Edited by Golddoctor

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Someone actually put it in a thread today.  He seems to jog while waiting on the ball.  He burned Parks anytime he wanted to.  But Parks has had a good year.

He  is a major college receiver and all purpose guy. We are very fortunate to have beaten them.  Clearly we were the better team.

Yeah but there was no word of any injuries prior to the game. You mentioned it prior to the game and they denied it. Oh well on to the next one. Hopefully we can bring gold home 

He  is a major college receiver and all purpose guy. We are very fortunate to have beaten them.  Clearly we were the better team.

I don’t see the major college part as a receiver he isn’t tall enough. He could definitely be used some how by a college I ’m sure 

To answer your questions, but not to make excuses, you guys won fair and square, but the running back did dislocate his shoulder towards the end of the Riverside game. During that game, he just told them to pop it back in and he went back in and even ran the ball a few more times! Then this week was light practice and then he strapped up and took the field Friday. Not that your guys wasn't laying wood, but he was also not running as hard as he normally would because a huge part of his running style is dropping that shoulder and running over defenders which he couldn't do Friday. As far as the QB goes, he has had a shoulder injury since about the 4th game of the season, this one of the reasons why we went to a heavy run game and haven't scored as much. We definitely wanted to keep that a secret because we knew that as long as other teams viewed his arm as a threat, it would keep the defense honest. Even with those injuries, they both went out and left it all on the field. Those kids do have the heart's of lions! Which is why we Waverly folks always feel they will win, because we have a whole team of kids like that. With that being said, I actually came on here just to give a shout out to your players and your program as a whole. My son said that after the game that #58 came into our locker and basically gave them a pep talk about how it was a honor to battle with us and we were the first team they've played all year that actually struck fear in them. He also stated that he admired how we played as a family and he stated that even though he didn't know them personally, he loved them all.  From what I understand, this young man did this of his own accord. My son said he was emotional and he felt he was sincere when he said he hated they had to be the ones to beat us. That speaks volumes to me about your program and your players. I was going to be cheering you on begrudgingly next week to support the west, but now I will cheer you on as a new Peabody fan! And will continue to do so as long as your not playing Waverly of course, lol.  Good luck fellas and I really mean that!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

To answer your questions, but not to make excuses, you guys won fair and square, but the running back did dislocate his shoulder towards the end of the Riverside game. During that game, he just told them to pop it back in and he went back in and even ran the ball a few more times! Then this week was light practice and then he strapped up and took the field Friday. Not that your guys wasn't laying wood, but he was also not running as hard as he normally would because a huge part of his running style is dropping that shoulder and running over defenders which he couldn't do Friday. As far as the QB goes, he has had a shoulder injury since about the 4th game of the season, this one of the reasons why we went to a heavy run game and haven't scored as much. We definitely wanted to keep that a secret because we knew that as long as other teams viewed his arm as a threat, it would keep the defense honest. Even with those injuries, they both went out and left it all on the field. Those kids do have the heart's of lions! Which is why we Waverly folks always feel they will win, because we have a whole team of kids like that. With that being said, I actually came on here just to give a shout out to your players and your program as a whole. My son said that after the game that #58 came into our locker and basically gave them a pep talk about how it was a honor to battle with us and we were the first team they've played all year that actually struck fear in them. He also stated that he admired how we played as a family and he stated that even though he didn't know them personally, he loved them all.  From what I understand, this young man did this of his own accord. My son said he was emotional and he felt he was sincere when he said he hated they had to be the ones to beat us. That speaks volumes to me about your program and your players. I was going to be cheering you on begrudgingly next week to support the west, but now I will cheer you on as a new Peabody fan! And will continue to do so as long as your not playing Waverly of course, lol.  Good luck fellas and I really mean that!

Roll Tide! That’s awesome, thank you for the support.

9 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

Coach Jacobs is teaching them the  right way to do things.  You guys have a great coaching staff and a great group of players. Thank you for the support 

On 11/23/2018 at 11:50 PM, Safesquezze said:

Great game Peabody coaches were the difference made great adjustments at halftime and Waverly never made any adjustments in 2nd half. Waverly always seems to get outcoached in the big games though. Good luck Peabody win that gold

McConnell made Waverly football relevant again.  They were terrible before he came to town.  For you to pin a loss in the freaking state semifinals on him is absolutely disgusting.  From the after effects of the Huntingdon game to this its apparent how much support the coaches really have from some of the so-called “fans” in Waverly.  

2 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

McConnell made Waverly football relevant again.  They were terrible before he came to town.  For you to pin a loss in the freaking state semifinals on him is absolutely disgusting.  From the after effects of the Huntingdon game to this its apparent how much support the coaches really have from some of the so-called “fans” in Waverly.  

I didnt really see it as him bashing the coaches our adjustments worked waverlys didn’t.  The coaching staff at Peabody has been out coached before but that doesn’t mean they are bad coaches.