Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

Congrats to Peabody, y'all played one heck of a game. That defense you boast of came through! As far as how the game went, I think it was just a matter of you guys figured out what we were doing and made the adjustments and when didn't change it up enough. I think our coaching staff and boys did great and held our own to a solid team. My only plight with what was done tonight is how was we not expecting the on side to start the second half??? When they lined up, I was like why is the hands team not out there, then bam Peabody got the ball and the momentum. Ballsy move, but it's exactly what I would've done to boost the morale of my boys after going in at the half down by 7, knowing we about to give the ball back to a team that has been successful moving the ball and have the momentum. Well played Golden tide. I hope you guys bring that gold ball back West.  Sorry I didn't catch up with you guys, my schedule didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to.

5 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

Congrats to Peabody, y'all played one heck of a game. That defense you boast of came through! As far as how the game went, I think it was just a matter of you guys figured out what we were doing and made the adjustments and when didn't change it up enough. I think our coaching staff and boys did great and held our own to a solid team. My only plight with what was done tonight is how was we not expecting the on side to start the second half??? When they lined up, I was like why is the hands team not out there, then bam Peabody got the ball and the momentum. Ballsy move, but it's exactly what I would've done to boost the morale of my boys after going in at the half down by 7, knowing we about to give the ball back to a team that has been successful moving the ball and have the momentum. Well played Golden tide. I hope you guys bring that gold ball back West.  Sorry I didn't catch up with you guys, my schedule didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to.

Thx man but that was not an onside kick.  It was a hard squib kick to keep the ball away from superman 37.

Congratulations to Peabody on a hard fought win. You have many, many weapons and massive size for a 2a squad. #4 is a full grown man. Good luck at State!

Waverly, dont hang your head. You proved you deserved to be there and with a couple different bounces could have been right there. #37 is the best wide receiver I saw all season. He plays with high class too. As does the rest of your team. No shame in that game. It was a gutsy performance. :thumb:

• Thanks 1

Well this sure was a good game that lived up to the billing.  Congrats to both teams!  Did the weather play a role in the game? Absolutely, both teams had to keep it a little more basic and there were some huge turnovers that probably don’t happen on a dry night.  All that being said, Peabody earned this one.  I think their defense consistently contained Waverly except for a few big plays to #37, very good receiver btw.  But as it the case with most games, Peabody really did a good job at stopping the run game, which most often correlated with success.  Great seasons for both teams, and impressive fan bases

Congratulations to Peabody. It was a nasty game. Lots of turnovers. Waverly held their own in the first half. I thought Waverly’s defense played really well the first half. I noticed in the 2nd half Peabody was running to weak side. It was a hat for a hat on the weak side and one missed tackle and Peabody was gone. Peabody made good halftime adjustments, Waverly didn’t counter that adjustment and it cost us the game. I didn’t necessarily like Waverly’s play calling in the 4th. I felt like we were balanced most of the game and then it was like we went into desperate mode and became one demensional. Not an excuse here but we kept it on the down low but QB Stanfield has been struggling with a shoulder injury most the season. I’ve heard that he may have a torn Labrum and need surgery. He fought through and stayed on the field the rest of the season. RB Tez Bradley dislocated his shoulder against Riverside and struggled but stayed in the Riverside game and played through it last night. Both missed some full practices this week. Dixon in last nights game was out a full series and played the rest of the game with an injured hand. I hate the outcome for those Seniors who laid it all on the line for 4 years. They have something to really be proud of. I wish them nothing but the best in their future. Now the question is, will McConnell stay or go? Rumor mill is saying he is leaving. Time will tell. Congrats to Peabody and good luck next week! Congrats to Waverly on another great season.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Congratulations to Peabody. It was a nasty game. Lots of turnovers. Waverly held their own in the first half. I thought Waverly’s defense played really well the first half. I noticed in the 2nd half Peabody was running to weak side. It was a hat for a hat on the weak side and one missed tackle and Peabody was gone. Peabody made good halftime adjustments, Waverly didn’t counter that adjustment and it cost us the game. I didn’t necessarily like Waverly’s play calling in the 4th. I felt like we were balanced most of the game and then it was like we went into desperate mode and became one demensional. Not an excuse here but we kept it on the down low but QB Stanfield has been struggling with a shoulder injury most the season. I’ve heard that he may have a torn Labrum and need surgery. He fought through and stayed on the field the rest of the season. RB Tez Bradley dislocated his shoulder against Riverside and struggled but stayed in the Riverside game and played through it last night. Both missed some full practices this week. Dixon in last nights game was out a full series and played the rest of the game with an injured hand. I hate the outcome for those Seniors who laid it all on the line for 4 years. They have something to really be proud of. I wish them nothing but the best in their future. Now the question is, will McConnell stay or go? Rumor mill is saying he is leaving. Time will tell. Congrats to Peabody and good luck next week! Congrats to Waverly on another great season.

You guys are top notch.We do hope we earned your respect and that we where gracious hosts !!!! We also ask that you support us as Football brothers from the West in 2 A !!!!!! 

Congrats to Peabody. Was really good to meet a couple of yal as well. I believe with the fight shown in the 4 quarters especially with the horrible weather and field condition has taken any doubt anyone could have for yal. Great offense, great defense, and stamina and coaching is really good too. Bring that Gold back west!

Congrats to the Tigers on the season. Been fun watching this senior class make history and change the outlook on Tiger football!

Now Anchor Down!

I do have one thing to bring up and this is nothing against the waverly posters.  Hey trolls what about all that crap you were talking about our strength of schedule ?  How did that supposed tougher schedule waverly had benefit waverly last night ?   Peabody’s schedule was tough no matter what the numbers say 

waverly I have much respect for you guys 

ROOLLL TIDDEE 

3 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

Oh ok, either way, definitely changed the game and gave you guys the momentum and you never gave it back. Great game, good luck Thursday!

I agree totally.  Thanks man.  One of our guys went into yalls locker room after the game and hugged Wavos players and said it was an honor to play against them.  I don't know who it was but it speaks volumes of our families, coaches and kids.  

• Upvote 1