Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

29 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I don’t think Tide21 is trying beat his chest or rub anything in? A bunch of Waverly posters all week talked about how Peabody hasn’t played anyone all year & how region 7 was down & that Peabody’s defense wasn’t going to be able to keep their offense from scoring less than 30 points. I don’t think Waverly had played anybody that was as physical as Peabody was all year. Or at least since the beginning of the season. Those Peabody kids on defense were laying waste to some of those Waverly boys. They took it though. Peabody did a great job of limiting #37’s big plays. He made a few but Peabody was able to overall keep him in check. Peabody is clearly the best football team on this western side of the 2A bracket no doubt about it. 

Waverly looked a bit gassed to me in the second half. I think Peabody not starting everyone both ways helped and waverly starting a lot of guys both ways showed.  It was very physical and our defense was laying the wood 

4 hours ago, Trollin said:

Good talk. No need to beat your chest and show everyone that you need to prove a point. It was a good game. I’d say if we played 10 times it would go either way. So thanks for your pointless comment! 

If we played 10 times--Peabody 7  Waverly 3 

But good game though.  The weather affected both teams. It affected Trenton more.  Our No 1 fumbled untouched on the way to the endzone.  We gave up a cheap fumble just before the half after a great goal line stance.  So I say the rain cost us more.  Good luck to Waverly next year.  

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Yes he was the one who brought your strength of schedule first. Beat your chest Tide21  if you want to. You won by 2 scores like I said You would. 

I think all posters should have a better knowledge of their opponent before they start talking stuff.  But it has been fun.  WE have to eat crow when it is fed to us.  I would have humbly ate my crow.  But Tide21 you have the right to voice your opinion and still be respectable.

2 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Hahaha. Tide by 1 score. I dont Give out actual scores. Your coaches can make adjustments at half in every game. It will be a low scoring game though. It is kids and it is the state championship. TC will be tough on your run but Baugus will connect on passes next week with a clean field and a clean ball. Good luck my man. R7 sloberknocker. People just don’t understand. 

My prediction as well man.  I think that turf will bring out the best in our skill set.  After playing in the mud for several weeks, this will be a welcome sight.

2 hours ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I don’t think Tide21 is trying beat his chest or rub anything in? A bunch of Waverly posters all week talked about how Peabody hasn’t played anyone all year & how region 7 was down & that Peabody’s defense wasn’t going to be able to keep their offense from scoring less than 30 points. I don’t think Waverly had played anybody that was as physical as Peabody was all year. Or at least since the beginning of the season. Those Peabody kids on defense were laying waste to some of those Waverly boys. They took it though. Peabody did a great job of limiting #37’s big plays. He made a few but Peabody was able to overall keep him in check. Peabody is clearly the best football team on this western side of the 2A bracket no doubt about it. 

I don't think SOS matters when you are heads over heels better than the rest.  Cream always rises to the top.  But I will say that R7 is proven.  We may lose Thursday and we may win.  But TC will know we were there.  

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

Waverly looked a bit gassed to me in the second half. I think Peabody not starting everyone both ways helped and waverly starting a lot of guys both ways showed.  It was very physical and our defense was laying the wood 

Our guys are in great shape.  That is a credit to our great weight program and conditioning.  I think we wore them down.  It was said that the QB and the runningback at Wavo have been hurt all year.  If they were hurt like posters say they were, those guys did not have hearts of a Tiger.  They had hearts of a LION!

Peabody was the better team no doubt. If it had been on a dry field it would have really shown. Size on the line would have been a big factor if they could have gotten any footing. I will have to admit Peabody had more athletes and more speed than Waverly. Congratulations on win and bring that gold ball back to west Tn. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Safesquezze said:

Peabody was the better team no doubt. If it had been on a dry field it would have really shown. Size on the line would have been a big factor if they could have gotten any footing. I will have to admit Peabody had more athletes and more speed than Waverly. Congratulations on win and bring that gold ball back to west Tn. 

Thx

2 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Our guys are in great shape.  That is a credit to our great weight program and conditioning.  I think we wore them down.  It was said that the QB and the runningback at Wavo have been hurt all year.  If they were hurt like posters say they were, those guys did not have hearts of a Tiger.  They had hearts of a LION!

I was wondering where you saw that or heard that because I never read any of them was hurt on here and when you brought it up they dismissed it quick. 

2 hours ago, Safesquezze said:

I sure hope we can get it done