Waverly @ Peabody (Semifinals)

FightingBlue0

1 minute ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Waverly are definitely battle tested but no more so than Union city was this year and we saw what happened there. I think the most battle tested team in 2A this year is far and above trousdale county

Yes UC played powerhouse Mayfield KY to the last minute of game.  4A southside to one point.  A powerhouse in New Jersey.  And yes Peabody.  It all depends on what level each team is playing on.  In the past UC beat all of those teams.  

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Yes UC played powerhouse Mayfield KY to the last minute of game.  4A southside to one point.  A powerhouse in New Jersey.  And yes Peabody.  It all depends on what level each team is playing on.  In the past UC beat all of those teams.  

Yes. If Union city played a regular all Tennessee schedule like most teams they’d have only lost a couple games all season

1 minute ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Yes. If Union city played a regular all Tennessee schedule like most teams they’d have only lost a couple games all season

That is true.  Everybody talked about how Fairly played 5 and 6 a schools and they were 8-2 or 7-3.  But UC gashed there Defense as if they were Junior High.  That is the program I have the most respect for.  

Just now, Golddoctor said:

That is true.  Everybody talked about how Fairly played 5 and 6 a schools and they were 8-2 or 7-3.  But UC gashed there Defense as if they were Junior High.  That is the program I have the most respect for.  

There has only been one lopsided game with UC in recent years.  Very good rivalry.

Just now, Golddoctor said:

I as well. Them and South Pittsburg. Union city in 2014 was one of the best 1A/2A teams I’ve ever seen

2 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Honestly, we don't really know how good those teams are unless we have done the eye test.  Sometimes records and higher divisions does not mean teams are very good.  

Well my cousin used to coach Hendersonville. I am Familiar with middle and East Tennessee. Also have watched film on TC.  They are tested. 

33 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

So if it rains the whole game y’all will go to the spread and throw ?  That doesn’t make sense 

We will throw in the rain just like we would if it wasnt raining. You have to remember our QB has been running the spread for 4yrs he is very very good at it. He didnt win Mr. Football for nothing. I see your point tho but yes we throw very well rain or shine.

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Yes they were.  WE will never know but Peabody had improved so much, I would have loved to got another shot at them.  (UC)

I’m sure it would’ve been closer the second time. But man that team was so good. And then NCS just waltzed In with another insane team the next year. And Dresden the next year. The fact that region 7 has won so many championships over the past few years shows just how dominate they are