Stratford @ Covington

bigmac45

2 hours ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

Number 7 for us ? I believe the coaching staff will preach gang tackling this week for sure to try to minimize the long runs. You think Stratford will bring a huge crowd out? You know how many people from Covington came to Nashville last year, I'm sure it be just as many if not more.

I like y'all #7 but Stratford has one too.

3 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I hope that Covington can contain Stratford. We have a couple of secret weapons. First, our coaching staff under Coach Marty Wheeler will be well prepared. Coach Wheeler has been very successful here. Considering that we are 26-2 over the last two seasons, we aren't prone to overlook anybody.

Second, our off-season conditioning program is a big part of our football success. In early season games when it is hot, you will see other teams cramping up. The Chargers seldom have anybody cramp up. Later in the season, we are prepared to go strong in the fourth quarter when other teams might slow down some from fatigue. I refer to the fourth quarter as "Charger winning time".

I am anxious to see what Stratford will do Friday night. I have to like Covington's chances, but you have to win and advance or lose and go home.

I like y'all chance's at home and Stratford having to travel for 2 half hours. But should be good game tho.

24 minutes ago, ChargerFan7465 said:

Looks like the weather has changed, there is now a 90% chance of rain for friday night. That should make for a real interesting game, considering the field has been soggy for almost 5 weeks straight now. Hopefully that weather pattern changes before  friday.

I noticed that as well.  I guess we have to pull the ponchos out. I still think the Chargers will stop the run. Hopefully we will be able to wear them down and break some long runs.  They are pretty big up front on both sides of the ball so we will see how it goes. I still like are chances with 3 good RBs and with our QB being able to run too.

2 hours ago, ChargerFan7465 said:

Looks like the weather has changed, there is now a 90% chance of rain for friday night. That should make for a real interesting game, considering the field has been soggy for almost 5 weeks straight now. Hopefully that weather pattern changes before  friday.

If it rains Stratford is rubbing their hands together like birdman right now...lol

Edited by FIREBIRD80