1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I totally agree.I just call it the Tennessee D.Everytime i see it my team loses.LOL.

On to next year my friend.....Where did Ox put that Tracker so i can find my goat???Im gonna make alot of people REAL mad..........!

You guys are a Class Act and enjoyed meeting you all!!! Heck of a ballgame!! Enjoyed seeing those pics of Roy’s goat. 

Edited by StewieG73

48 minutes ago, pujo said:

Half right,flush the 21 point win but they did do the same thing as South Pitt.

South Pitt is young, but extremely talented.  I really expected South Pitt rematch to be closer then the first, and I truly feel sorry for whoever gets in that pirate football teams way for the next couple years....  

I didn’t know what to expect, I just knew it wasn’t going to be a blowout, I don’t think this Tiger team is lucky,   I think this is a team with great ability that makes the most of the opportunities it’s handed, and in doing so they’ve made themselves some breaks on the way.  It’s a 3-4 headed monster, for sure, but people don’t realize there is 6-7 other players on the team that would likely start anywhere in 1-a ball as well.   

9 hours ago, Redheadstepkid said:

Our QB was out too! That was huge. He did manage the pain and came back for a play here and there but not to his full potential. Y’all played a great game and thank you!

QB being out slowed you down for a couple possessions but GB not having 23 hurt way more. However, we were still in position to win the game and should have but didn’t execute when it was being handed to us. But still, with 23, GB would’ve converted when inside the red zone. Congrats to Whitwell for never quitting and battling to the end. 

36 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Too good of a game to be cocky.EASILY could have gone either way.Should feel lucky to win on a 5 sec left FG.

Definitely not being cocky about it, it is what it is. 2 banged up (everyone has injuries at this point.) championship caliber football teams going at it under the lights after thanksgiving, someone had to win, someone had to lose.   Lots of people had GB up 21 plus, those type games ended in the 2nd round.    This tiger team overcame a lot last night and after seeing the tape , I’m kinda under the impression that you guys are the ones that should feel lucky, with a Warner ,Wingo an Petty  100% this coulda been a two score game in the tigers favor.  It wasn’t though it was a slugfest of two championship teams that are playing banged up and  going at it however they can, championship type teams find ways to win these games.  That’s what Whitwell has done time and time again this year, find ways to win close football games vs opponents that historically are superior and likely top to bottom more talented(Senior to Freshman).

34 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

QB being out slowed you down for a couple possessions but GB not having 23 hurt way more. However, we were still in position to win the game and should have but didn’t execute when it was being handed to us. But still, with 23, GB would’ve converted when inside the red zone. Congrats to Whitwell for never quitting and battling to the end. 

lol the QB being out hurts far more then a guy who isn’t running the offense, When Warner Ashworth is playing his best ball and not turning the ball over Whitwell Is one of the hardest teams in high school ball this season to stop offensively.  As he goes this football team goes, I’ve said that for 2 years now.  I coached against the kid a couple times he’s a gamer, but when he played QB he was reckless with the ball, and had a problem of just putting the ball up for grabs or trying to make something happen when he should just take what he got this caused him to turn the ball over quite a bit.   

Infact the only scenario i woulda said GB wins 21 plus is if Warner was out the game in the first half.   

Im just being real, I wouldn’t say the same if he was playing the same ball he was last year, but he’s truly taken his game to that level.

11 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

lol the QB being out hurts far more then a guy who isn’t running the offense, When Warner Ashworth is playing his best ball and not turning the ball over Whitwell Is one of the hardest teams in high school ball this season to stop offensively.  As he goes this football team goes, I’ve said that for 2 years now.  I coached against the kid a couple times he’s a gamer, but when he played QB he was reckless with the ball, and had a problem of just putting the ball up for grabs or trying to make something happen when he should just take what he got this caused him to turn the ball over quite a bit.   

Infact the only scenario i woulda said GB wins 21 plus is if Warner was out the game in the first half.   

Im just being real, I wouldn’t say the same if he was playing the same ball he was last year, but he’s truly taken his game to that level.

No it doesn’t. The entire season, #23 was the go to receiver when in long down situations. When Ashworth went out, Petty did just as good. When we lost #23, our offense completely went stagnant. Not saying he was the offense, but he was the go to playmaker when a play was needed. I mean #20 is a good receiver for Whitwell but to put it into perspective, #23 would run circles around him. But does it matter who is better, no. I’m just saying that the team Whitwell played wasn’t a fully healthy GB team and I’m sure Whitwell was beat up a little too. But we both had chances and Whitwell took advantage.

4 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

No it doesn’t. The entire season, #23 was the go to receiver when in long down situations. When Ashworth went out, Petty did just as good. When we lost #23, our offense completely went stagnant. Not saying he was the offense, but he was the go to playmaker when a play was needed. I mean #20 is a good receiver for Whitwell but to put it into perspective, #23 would run circles around him. But does it matter who is better, no. I’m just saying that the team Whitwell played wasn’t a fully healthy GB team and I’m sure Whitwell was beat up a little too. But we both had chances and Whitwell took advantage.

Sorry bud, petty is one of the best players I’ve ever seen play high school ball. I’ve coached against him, when I coached Wingo.  He’s not a better QB then Warner, who has been groomed to be a QB in this offense since he was 12.  

For  the sole reason Petty can’t throw to himself...

Edited by ImaSavage

3 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

Sorry bud, petty is one of the best players I’ve ever seen play high school ball. I’ve coached against him, when I coached Wingo.  He’s not a better QB then Warner, who has been groomed to be a QB in this offense since he was 12.  

Then you haven't watched a lot of ball. Petty is a very good player, but one of the best ever? Reality check.

Just now, powerp said:

Then you haven't watched a lot of ball. Petty is a very good player, but one of the best ever? Reality check.

Says you ? Hahahhhahahhahahahhahahahhaahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahah

you had GB by whatever they wanted, Ashworth gets knocked out petty runs the offense from the QB position and puts them in position to win the game and they do.  Sit down....