1A semi final Greenback @ Whitwell

orngnblk

Just now, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate sat with cousin Lester and advised cuz the games was playing into Whitwell’s advantage. GB took a play from SP play book, failure to execute to seal the deal late. That failure was met with a great bunch of Tigers who when the chips are down, they make plays. Old Pirate says the Tigers beat two traditional powers back to back in dramatic fashion AND will be the 2018 State 1A Champios. Yep, recon so, AGAIN, CONGRATS TIGERS on a well deserved undefeated season

Great season and wins by the tigers. But it ends on Saturday. Great season and y’all should hold your head high 

GB had their chances, and didn’t cash in. Whitwell seemed out of the flow of the game with their offense on many possessions when Ashworth went out. Petty stepped up when they needed him. Congrats to the Tigers. But there has been no team in 1A that has had a class of seniors like GB’s. They will be missed. Total record of 51-6 and 3 straight state championship appearances. Hold your head high because you’ve represented Greenback the right way.

We’ll be back. But until next time....

• Like 2

Just now, cherokee23 said:

GB had their chances, and didn’t cash in. Whitwell seemed out of the flow of the game with their offense on many possessions when Ashworth went out. Petty stepped up when they needed him. Congrats to the Tigers. But there has been no team in 1A that has had a class of seniors like GB’s. They will be missed. Total record of 51-6 and 3 straight state championship appearances. Hold your head high because you’ve represented Greenback the right way.

Congrats to both teams. Looking forward for the matchup. 

Just now, cherokee23 said:

One heck of a ride and I feel for these kids.  

9 minutes ago, pujo said:

One heck of a ride and I feel for these kids.  

For anyone that has played, you know this feeling. You can’t even describe it. Pure heartbreak. But they had their chance. Hope Whitwell brings it home. I’ll be in attendance on the Whitwell side. And don’t try to persuade me to wear red, it’s not happening lol 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WARBOSS said:

Game day! Whitwell it's time. I hope your minds are focused on the task you face. It will take your all! But this team can do it..its time for the TIGERS in 2018! Try to keep calm until gametime don't waste your energy then at 7pm CST explode on Greenback!! Like I've been saying....to be the best you must beat the best!! You have a great team Greenback...so does Whitwell! Safe travels and let's hope for an injury free game. Greenback I like you guys, but my heart says it's finally Whitwells year!! 27-23

Well my score wasn't to far off? WHAT A GAME!!!!! Unbelievable! Kudos Greenback...you have a very good team..great talent and effort!! Great year to you! Whitwell..all I can say is how proud of you I am! You show the will to survive at all costs! Warner gets injured man the team stepped up! You guys played your hearts out tonight for each other and I couldn't be more proud! Now go win a state championship!!!!!

36 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

For anyone that has played, you know this feeling. You can’t even describe it. Pure heartbreak. But they had their chance. Hope Whitwell brings it home. I’ll be in attendance on the Whitwell side. And don’t try to persuade me to wear red, it’s not happening lol 

Just don’t wear maroon